PDA

View Full Version : Environment themes

Tickles
24-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi all, i had recently went on an environment play course & have now planned to cover environment as a theme for my mindees over the next couple of months.

I did receive a few good handouts from course, but was wondering if anyone else has some ideas / links that may be useful as it does cover a large amount of topics.

any help appreciated

thanks Joanne

sarah707
24-04-2008, 09:52 AM
It was Earth Day and Arbor Day this week... if you google for more information on those, you will find loads of ideas!

... and don't forget to look at activity ideas around the forum! :D

Tickles
24-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks Sarah will do that,
it just covers sooo much [ why we are doing it over a couple of months] & i want to be well prepared as we will also be lots of outdoor activities [ depending on our lovely scottish weather]

We live next to a large wooded area , trails, ponds etc, so will be doing quite a bit there, but wanted some back up plans for indoor activities.

Thanks again

Joanne

sarah707
24-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Don't go to great lengths to start with planning ... don't forget it's equally as important you follow children's interests.

So if you are all out for a woodland walk to collect flowers and a child veers off cos he's seen a squirrel, go with the squirrel and change the planning.

Hope this makes sense ... themes are important and give you a good basis from which to plan, but Ofsted like to see children's interests being followed :D

Tickles
24-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks sarah, will keep that in mind