PDA

View Full Version : What does Mr/Mrs O ask at the pre-reg visit?

hollyberry
30-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Is the focus of their visit more on checking the facilities and making sure all is safe and secure? Or are they going to ask me lots of questions about EYFS? I'm worried about the latter of what depth they are going to ask me so my question is also, what questions did your Mr/Mrs O ask about EYFS (and anything else not related to the physical premises)?????

tidsy tots
30-03-2011, 01:44 PM
hiya.

don,t panic you will be fine....

firstly have you got a preparing for pre reg booklet? as it has a lot of the questions they may ask in it so you can research and prepare your answers.
i had mine a few weeks ago and she did a walk round of my premises first asking questions about my fire place; plug sockets; if i was going to keep front doors locked ect.
then we sat down and she asked about the areas of development, what kind of things each area covers and what activities i would do she also asked about safeguarding, behaviour management, fire safety, trips out, what first aid i had done she looked at all my id, and all paper work i had ready she also asked why i wanted to be a child minder what i had done since leaving school and about my children and family. she mainly gave advice.
hope that helps abit.

hollyberry
30-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes i have got the prep booklet. I'll definitely sit and go over that a bit and mentally work out the answers. I've been hammer and tongs finishing off the house - think another three days of non-stop diy should sort it!! - so I've not been thinking EYFS very much - and it's been a many number of weeks since I was doing pre-reg training! Think i will need to switch focus once I'm finished up and re-familiarise myself with all the EYFS stuff!!!!!