PDA

View Full Version : minimum before/after school care ?

nelly
30-03-2011, 01:31 PM
hiya everyone,just wonderd if most of you have a minimum time that you would have a mindy before school and after. at the moment my parent only wants an hour each way and its not paying , i have to take them in my car every day and thats costing a furtune .
thanks xx

Minstrel
30-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I changed mine to session rates after experiencing the same problem. I now charge £12 3-6pm inc dinner. Take it or leave it..... They took it!

SammyM
30-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I charge a flat fee of £10 for my schoolies (£5 before & £5 after) that way it kind of makes it worthwhile, some of them aren't droped off until 8.15, I leave for school at 8.20.

May not be as financially sound if I had a 7.30am - 6pm one tho, thankfully none of my parents are that organised!!!

donnamarie2
30-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi, I charge for 2 hours minimum after school and 1 hour min in a morning also my before afterschool rate is higher than my normal day time rate.

Mollymop
30-03-2011, 02:04 PM
I charge a min of £20 per week and I have had parents who didn't like this, they have ummed and arhhed it, say if they want me for just 2 mornings a week for a few hours, it's as if they want me to work for pitance!
So I have decided to look into what else I can charge, I think I will start asking a minimum of £10 per day for before and after schoolies. and a min of 2 hours pay if it's just one way.

lma
30-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I charge a minimum of 2 hrs before school and 2 hrs after school (£6 each am + £6 each pm) and havent had any problems getting before or after schoolies as I have 4 of them even though there seems to be an abundance of us at my school and theres even another cm in my street but I dont think she charges like I do?

Like you say you have to make it worth your while and if your using your car to go to and from school I'd even think about charging a slightly higher rate for before/after school parents as the cost of petrol is getting rediculously expensive.