PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking a stand !!!!

Rach30
24-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Ok i'm in one of my ranting moods !! lol
So this is only my opinion and i know plenty will disagree with me but i'm getting fed up with the rediculous amount of paper work and stupidness we are expected to do . Common sense seems to take no part in childminding anymore . If getting an outstanding at inspection means turning my house into a nursery then forget it ! I'll be happy with satisfactory.
Thanks for that i feel better now :D

littlepixies
24-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes it annoys me too.... thing is if we were a nursery manager or a nursery nurse we wouldnd be doing as much paper work as a childminder and we would be earning alot more.... so it dont make sense really do more work for less money in relation to a nursery grrrr

But i can see why they are trying to make us do more.. its not only to protect ourselves but to make us more recognisable as a carrer not a babysitting service lol and not only that it gets rid of all the crappy peeps who become childminders and dont have a care in the world what the kids get up to in there ie a baby sitting service! At least with the work we HAVE to do will need to be shown to parents and ofsted and be continuous, and when we have to pay the increasing of fees to be a childminder htose who are doing it as a bit of easy money as they say wont bother so it will just be all us top quality childminders available for work1!!1!!1!!

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Haha you have made me laugh

Caring and looking after the children comes first to me also

I think we have to move with the times though and although some of it is just way over the top most of it is good

You dont have to go over the top like some we are not a nursery

I have a friend who got outstanding last week and she does not use a computer - so shes got no forum - no print outs - no books - no information from anyone else
She refuses to spend money on diarys - eyfs - policy information - activitys

She does all her own work

She spends the money on the children instead

Just a basic book for each child but it covers everything really briefly though

She does not know half the stuff I tell her

But she knows her stuff if you know what I mean most of it through basic common sense

I think she has the right idea and it did her no harm she got OUTSTANDING

Angel xxx

Pipsqueak
24-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I must admit that I like "paperwork" (I have that sort of working background) but I will agree that there is an increase in it.!

Rach30
24-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Angeldelight you have made me feel better ! SO what does she put in the book ? OBservations or childrens work ?

sarah707
24-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I know exactly where you are coming from!

Like Squeaky though, I do like paperwork... just not quite this much! :rolleyes:

nell57
24-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Yes I do know how you feel, I detest the paper work

It was intriguing listening to a teacher talking on morning TV, explaining why they are striking and that it feels like they have 3 jobs. The first one the planning of the lessons, the 2nd actually teaching the lessons and the 3rd marking all the work, and that they feel they are under payed for doing all that, which no doubt they are.

I agree with the principles what they are saying, because it does sound familiar doesn't it

The BIG difference between us and them, we earn A LOT less and what holidays do we have compared to a teacher

So when are we going on strike then:D

Helen

Tatia
24-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Ahhh, I enjoy paperwork. Same as Squeaky, my work background was heavy with the paperwork and funnily enough, writing up observations. I am a tick-list sort of person and feel I have achieved more through out the day when I have "proof". Mental, I know but I achieve great satisfaction out of well organized files. And I can spend ridiculous money at Staples cos I love office supplies and new ways of organizing myself!:rolleyes:

Plus, as a writer at heart (English major!), I enjoy writing things down. We just got back from the beach and I'm itching to start writing obs.:)

Think it just depends on your POV.

Alibali
24-04-2008, 12:06 PM
A friend of mine has just got a childminder for her 10 month old twins, and the CM is an older lady with loads of experience and very little paperwork! But she just loved her. I'm sure that when she gets graded she won't get a 6 as she doesn't have evidence, but I also agree it is unfair for her not to get a good grade even though her service users adore her and they are delighted with her care.

Ali xx

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 10:17 PM
She mostly uses pictures of the kids - for almost everything - to show what they have been doing
She does not do much paper work at all - very brief writting about their obs and activity but that is it

She hates paperwork unlike myself who does not mind it

She has got lots of cheap ring binders but she is so laid back but I knew she would get outstanding

So it just goes to show

Angel xxx