PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Review - a bit more

suzyblue
30-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Heres a bit more that I received in a email from QEd Publications:

"It's big news ... it even made the main morning news on BBC Breakfast. We've all been wondering what to expect, so here is a flavour of what I've picked up on.

Remember, these are recommendations. The Government now has a look at these and will respond in the summer. Any changes will come in Autumn 2012 at the earliest.
Currently, there are 69 Early Learning Goals - they are going to be cut to 17. This is because there is some overlap between the ELGs.
There will be a focus on three main Areas of Learning:communication and language; personal, social and emotional development; physical development. Communication and language seems to be highlighted.
There will be another four Areas of Learning (so one more) - they are expressive arts and design, literacy, mathematics and understanding the world.
The feeling is that the EYFS has been a success and they want it to remain mandatory.
Early years practitioners will carry out a child development check with children between 24 and 36 months of age. There will be a slimmed down EYFS Profile which will include a check against the Early Learning Goals, to see whether children's development is emerging (below expectation); expected (in line with where you would expect a child to be at the age of five); or exceeding (working beyond the expected level).
As ever, the devil will be in the detail and we look forward to seeing that."

Cazz
31-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Heres a bit more that I received in a email from QEd Publications:

"It's big news ... it even made the main morning news on BBC Breakfast. We've all been wondering what to expect, so here is a flavour of what I've picked up on.

Remember, these are recommendations. The Government now has a look at these and will respond in the summer. Any changes will come in Autumn 2012 at the earliest.
Currently, there are 69 Early Learning Goals - they are going to be cut to 17. This is because there is some overlap between the ELGs.
There will be a focus on three main Areas of Learning:communication and language; personal, social and emotional development; physical development. Communication and language seems to be highlighted.
There will be another four Areas of Learning (so one more) - they are expressive arts and design, literacy, mathematics and understanding the world.
The feeling is that the EYFS has been a success and they want it to remain mandatory.
Early years practitioners will carry out a child development check with children between 24 and 36 months of age. There will be a slimmed down EYFS Profile which will include a check against the Early Learning Goals, to see whether children's development is emerging (below expectation); expected (in line with where you would expect a child to be at the age of five); or exceeding (working beyond the expected level).
As ever, the devil will be in the detail and we look forward to seeing that."

I was told the changes were coming in this September - not 2012?

miffy
01-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I was told the changes were coming in this September - not 2012?

I don't think there would be time for that to happen

Miffy xx

keeks
01-04-2011, 07:20 AM
So with the old EYFS being allergic to tick lists, this reviewed version seems to demand them. We will have to tick off that a child does x,y and z and whether they are developing as expected.

At least there will be time to adjust!:D

I also read Autumn 2012 at the earliest.

xx

cherry
01-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Do you think this is why they haven't reprinted the EYFS book?

Penny1959
05-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I have just spotted this thread (which is an old one - added to today) - just to let you know there is another thread - EYFS consultation - with a link to DfE so you can comment personally - but also there is opportunity to to pass on your comments via myself or Playmate because we arte meeting with DfE on Sat 10th September to discuss the revised EYFS.

Penny :)