PDA

View Full Version : Dame Clare Tickell interview

cherry
30-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Did anyone see her interview just now on BBC 1, she's been looking at the EYFS and says it's very good but needs reviewing.

She said there was to much paperwork and the 69 goals should be brought down to 17

http://breakingnews.heraldscotland.com/breaking-news/?mode=article&site=hs&id=N0294861301461080303A

rickysmiths
30-03-2011, 06:47 AM
You beat me to it!! I heard her on Radio 4.

I found it interesting that her last remark was that it had to be simplified so parents could understand it as their children moved from Reception to Year 1 :laughing:

ORKSIE
30-03-2011, 06:51 AM
I caught the tail end...I will take a look later.
Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

xx

miffy
30-03-2011, 06:53 AM
The cynic in me will reserve judgement until I see what they come up with instead! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

nell57
30-03-2011, 07:00 AM
You beat me to it!! I heard her on Radio 4.

I found it interesting that her last remark was that it had to be simplified so parents could understand it as their children moved from Reception to Year 1 :laughing:

On the bbc news interview she didnt make it clear to the presenters it involves children 0-5, they were assuming it was school age and as if it was just teachers it affected:rolleyes: :mad:

MaryMary
30-03-2011, 08:56 AM
On the bbc news interview she didnt make it clear to the presenters it involves children 0-5, they were assuming it was school age and as if it was just teachers it affected:rolleyes: :mad:

To be fair to her, she did try! But Charlie Stape (or whatever his name is!) is a bit of an idiot and kept going on about 5 yos & teachers.

She said we need to concentrate on the 3 important areas of learning - PSED, PD & CLL. She implied (to me anyway) that not all 6 areas have equal importance (I could have misunderstood her though :blush: )

Mouse
30-03-2011, 09:14 AM
This goes into a bit more detail:

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/1062489/EYFS-REVIEW-key-points-interview-Dame-Clare-Tickell/

MaryMary
30-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks Mouse :thumbsup:
That makes quite interesting reading. I stand corrected :) It is not CLL that is of prime importance, but 'CL' - they want to take the 'literacy' out, and put it as a secondary area of learning, on it's own, and leave 'Communication & language' as a primary area. It does make a lot of sense.