PDA

View Full Version : would you recomend NCMA or MM

mushpea
30-03-2011, 05:57 AM
My NCMA member ship is up for renewal in may, but I am not sure if its worth paying the membership or not,, the PLA have taken the contract in our area so ncma are not doing any training courses,, each time I ask my coodonator for help I am told its my buisness i need to do what i think and when i asked her to come and check my paper work as ofsted are due she said no cause it was fine the last time i came out but that was a year ago! so not sure that i am going to get as much out of my member ship as last year with them ,
on the other hand mm are cheaper but are they as good?

who do you all go with and who do you recomend

Mrs Pootle
30-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Sorry, don't have an answer but I'm watching this thread with interest as I am in the same boat as you. Mine needs renewing shortly and I'm unsure whether to stay with NCMA or move to MM. I did change to MM for my house insurance when I started minding as my previous insurer wouldn't cover me as a childminder :angry:

rickysmiths
30-03-2011, 09:20 AM
There have been a lot of threads about this recently.

In my opinon you can't compare the two because it is like comparing Apples and Pears.

MM are purely and insurance broker who sell insurance. they do not represent childminders in the wider world or fight for change on their behalf the way NCMA do.

MM Pub Lib insurance is much more expensive than NCMA. But you do have to be a member of NCMA to take advantage of their cheap insurance.

You may find this thread interesting:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ight=NCMA+v+MM

rickysmiths
30-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Sorry, don't have an answer but I'm watching this thread with interest as I am in the same boat as you. Mine needs renewing shortly and I'm unsure whether to stay with NCMA or move to MM. I did change to MM for my house insurance when I started minding as my previous insurer wouldn't cover me as a childminder :angry:

Churchill will cover you and include Accidental damage.