PDA

View Full Version : Views of those who use your setting

sandiwaistell
29-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Very stuck with this question as i only have a 3 year old on a morning to take to nursery. he comes at 8.15 and we out the door by 8.25 taking a 10 year old mindee to school. Then straight from there we take my hubby to work and then we get back to drop the 3 year old at nursery at 9.15. So i am very stuck. :panic:

I was registered in Oct 2010 so i am due my inspection any day now. However I dont think that they will want to see me until I get a mindee for longer. I might be wrong but I just wanna get the bulk of this SEF filled in as much as i can then i can just go in a review it.

Please help me with the above question. I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!!

Sandi xx :panic: :( :panic: :( :panic:

Andrea08
29-03-2011, 04:22 PM
ok get some parent questionnares and ask to have them filled in and then on the back write your comments

eg,,, are you happy with me taking photoes of your child for obs/activity sessions
A) no

so you then put "must remember not to include XY in any photo evidence
(its parents wishes)

then when you see parents ask are they happy and when they chatt to you later on just jot it down as a parents comments,

does the school/nursery teachers talk to you... again jot this down

good luck

venus89
29-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Also as the child is 3, ask them what they think - what do you like about coming? What don't you like?

sandiwaistell
29-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I would even get a response from the child as he has just turned 3 so i would need to work hard on that one.

Heaven Scent
29-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Write things like the child comes running up the drive and comes in happily and goes straight to play with the toys and doesn't want to leave in the evening and gives you cuddles throughout the day and big hugs etc at the end of the day. You know the type of thing anything that would indicate that the child is happy and contented at your home and things that the parent does or says that would indicate that she is happy with the service you offer.

sandiwaistell
30-03-2011, 10:27 AM
do you mean write them down in the box on the SEF as this is what happens or write them down on a piece of paper and explain what I do? xx

venus89
30-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Ah, the three year old I look after would give me responses! Well you can ask the child to show you what they like, or give them a camera and ask them to take pictures of what they like.... Combine that with observation and comments from family and you should have a persuasive argument