PDA

View Full Version : inspection

Tickles
24-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi,
i was inspected last thursday under the new grading system with the care commission & i am still waiting to hear what grade i'm getting:angry:

They told me i was at the higher end of the scale [ 1 lowest 6 highest], & they would contact me this week to confirm what grade i am, but i'm still waiting!!!!!

I know it's a new system for the cco's, but they must surely have known what i was when they left my home & surely after a week!!!!

i know of some childminders who were told their grade at inspection[ not fair], a i understand that if you are getting a higher grade they have to be checked by supervisor but even still, a weeks a long time to have to wait, especially when you have people asking every day if you have heard yet.

Maybe they have forgotten about me. will phone them at the end of week if i dont hear, but it shoukdnt be me chasing them up!!!

Joanne

sarah707
24-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Be patient... I think it can only be good news... unless she's gone off sick or something! :rolleyes:

Tickles
24-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I am a little impatient, but it's the not knowing that get's to you & obviously the parents want to know.

it did go well, but i just keep going over it & over it in my head as there is always that wee bit of doubt:(

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Hope you hear soon Joanne

Good luck

Angel xx

littlepixies
24-04-2008, 09:43 AM
good luck hun let us know what the out come is i bet you are at higher end!

Tickles
24-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks Angel,

I have already been asked by all the parents & a few childminders today if i have heard yet!!

It did go very well & they said i was doing a great job, but i am one of those people who think to much about things, but thats who i am.

Anyway, my hubby keeps saying to me no news is good news & if there was any problems they would have contacted me or parents again [ they phone parents up here for their views regarding service now].

I just think it's not nice having to wait & the not knowing:(

Thanks for your support though & i am hoping that today will be the day!

Alibali
24-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Everyone I know who has been inspected have still to hear back too. I know that for the first batch of inspections the CC said that the grades would not be published for 3 months, so I assume that they must be taking their time and discussing grades etc with each other so that it is more consistent. Stop looking and it will appear... like the watched kettle thing.

Ali xx

miffy
24-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Hope you'll hear something soon

I'm sure it will be fine

miffy xx

Tickles
24-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi all, cco finally called me later on today & told me my grades
I have been graded on 8 quality statements as i am a low risk & am very pleased with my results:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

i had graded myself all 5's [ we have to grade ourselfs with the cco] & i got what i had graded & 3 of my grades were put up to grade 6's [ highest grade]

I am soooooooooooo pleased, my cco told me that she hadnt graded anyone a 6 yet so i should be very pleased with my self [ oops, my head is getting big] & that is why it took so long, as she had to get her supervisor to check over my criteria.

I am so glad i know now & can relax for another year:laughing: , i am going to put my feet up & have a wee vodka or 2!!!:D , think i deserve it

thanks for all your suppport

Joanne

Tickles
24-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi also wanted to say that a lot of childminders have been told at the time, so it proberly just depends on your cco or maybe grades.

All reports will be published from the end of July 2008

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Well done Joanne

That is great news

Angel xxx

Tickles
24-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks Angel, i'm very pleased & of course my parents are 2!!

You know you provide a great service but it's always good for your regulator to acknowledge it:laughing:

thanks for support

sarah707
24-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Great news! Congratulations! :clapping:

miffy
24-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Well done Joanne - relax and enjoy your little drink :)

miffy xx

crazybones
24-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Well done. :clapping: Fab news. :clapping:

son77
24-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow that is excellent, well done :clapping: :clapping:

Jinx
24-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Well Done.

Lie back and lap up the praise. You deserve it.:clapping: :clapping:

Can't imagine having to wait that long to know results! Nightmare.:panic: