PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you ever feel........?

helendee
29-03-2011, 11:31 AM
That you have had enough of childminding? On the whole I really enjoy my job but sometimes it feels so stifling and dare I say, a little boring!! The repetition of cleaning toys, making sure the house is safe and worst of all trying to extract payment at the end of the month drives me craaaaazzzy sometimes!!

I do love the children though.

Sorry, just had to have a little rant!!!:(

Happy Bunny
29-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Ditto
And trying to explain to parents No I will not have your child if they are ill. Parents being late when you have repeatedly told them it's your child's parents evening.
Oh and the best one I have had this week is can you work the bank holidays, yes I replied but remember it's * an hour. "What i don't remember that one"
Felt like saying "did you read your contract before you signed it"

cherry
29-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes, especially when a 9 year old wee's all over your toilet floor and when asked why says "I don't know":angry:

venus89
29-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Very much so lately. I think it's a combination of not enough time for me, parents who take the pee and knowing that all bar one are leaving me soon anyway and I don't have any replacements lined up. It's the little things which niggle away at me at the moment, 99% parent related - the one who hasn't paid properly and doesn't talk to me about out, someone who's always just a little bit late at pick up, the fact only ONE family deemed filling in the ICE cards I want to carry round with me important (the family who are finishing the soonest :rolleyes: )

But then there are many many things I love about the job too and I guess no job would ever be 100% perfect.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
29-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes totally and if I could give it up today I would really had enought but we need the money. Don't get me wrong I love the kids but it just everything else that goes with it. xxx

Debster
29-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I felt like that last week. When I got covered in diarrhoea big time:(
My spent my Friday with no mindees doing paperwork and sorting files for 4 hours.
But I am ok again this week like any job you have times when you wants out I have felt it with every job I have ever had at least I don't have anyone to answer to:)
But I think my positives out way the negatives . I do not work on a Friday I have been luck really all parents I have at the moment don't need me Fridays but I do have every space filled 9 hrs a day. I could have filled my Friday on a many occasions but have decide no its my day off and I don't want to fill every hour of my day it keeps me sane

alwaysright
29-03-2011, 12:59 PM
well i have to say these posts have just cheered me up and made me laugh, i think the things that everyone has written has happened to us all!! says she sitting her waiting for a potential mindee and parent to show up who havent bothered to ring to say they arent coming........need i say more ;) ;)

Helen Dempster
29-03-2011, 01:01 PM
YES!!!!!

I don't need to say anymore! :laughing:

venus89
29-03-2011, 01:16 PM
YES!!!!!

I don't need to say anymore! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
29-03-2011, 01:58 PM
today..

today i miss being employed by the NHS (yes i said it) and to be off sick knowing i will still get paid!

apart from that i wouldnt go back fo all the tea in china!

mandy xx

PixiePetal
29-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes, but when the sun is shining and we are out and about I wouldn't swap it for anything.

it has been a long winter and I am just beginning to feel alive again :D :thumbsup:

maisiemog
29-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes!!! And if I got offered the right job I would go back into a job. I love the kids that I mind and being my own boss but I really miss adult company....being so alone isnt good for a chatterbox like me!!! And I also miss having a clean tidy house and HATE all the paperwork with a passion. At least in my last job I was being paid when it was being done!!

ChocolateChip
29-03-2011, 02:24 PM
YES!!!!!
I love having the kids, being able to look after my own at the same time, and most of my parents are pretty good.........

BUT
I absolutely hate all the paperwork, the red tape, the fact that the goalposts seem to change all the time- just as I think I've got my head round one thing something else crops up and lately I don't feel like I have any time to myself.

Need to get myself sorted as I wouldn't really want to give it up and go back to working for somebody else but I would like my home back sometimes :(

gigglinggoblin
29-03-2011, 02:34 PM
The thing I hate the most is having to tidy the house before I can work, often at 7am before my kids and husband get up because I was too tired the night before. If I had an office job it wouldnt matter and I could swan out the door in the morning and close it on the mess. But I do love being with the kids and being at home for mine, I wouldnt swap it.

Toothfairy
29-03-2011, 04:33 PM
YES!!!

I have my good weeks and my bad weeks.
I'm hoping this year will be a bit easier as I have started to work term time only.
The one big bug bear for me is all the toys, posters etc. I try to keep it at a minimum and store things away but I do miss having a 'grown up' house.

I've also been saying "NO" more often instead of breaking my neck to accomodate everyone.

Alibali
29-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Not today, but sometimes, yes. Then I think what else would make me as happy and stick with it.

The Juggler
29-03-2011, 09:43 PM
i have up and down spurts (generally down when I am tired, ill or paperwork or changes getting on top of me). Once I am better, have it under control I am ok again.

Sometimes I find I just need to make a change to routine to motivate me and the kids - so chnage of toddler group, new outings, new purhcases:thumbsup:

hope you are ok hon.

angeldelight
29-03-2011, 09:45 PM
No I dont these days

But I did years back so I gave up for a while and had a few different jobs - I hated it though and missed the minding so I came back to it

Think everyone has off days in any job but sometimes better the devil you know :laughing:

Angel xx

Chimps Childminding
29-03-2011, 09:48 PM
YES!!!!!
I love having the kids, being able to look after my own at the same time, and most of my parents are pretty good.........

BUT
I absolutely hate all the paperwork, the red tape, the fact that the goalposts seem to change all the time- just as I think I've got my head round one thing something else crops up and lately I don't feel like I have any time to myself.

Need to get myself sorted as I wouldn't really want to give it up and go back to working for somebody else but I would like my home back sometimes :(

Pretty much exactly what I would have said!!!! :rolleyes: