PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Should I register if thinking of having another baby?

Lucycull
29-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Hello,

I'm just looking for any advice really.
I attended an Information Session back in February and was eager to go ahead and book onto a Pathway's course, however in my area it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend a course until July.

I've been advised that it can take up to 6 month's to qualify, which wouldn't be a problem apart from early next year we are thinking of trying for baby number 2.

I know it could take a while to fall pregnant again, however it is a lot of work and time to qualify, plus finding clients only be qualified for a short time before having baby number 2.
I wouldn't really want to spend my first year of childminding pregnant, and then have to let the parent's down?

I am just unsure of what to do, get qualified and have that under my belt? Or wait until I have another child? Any advice would be really helpful.

Thanks Lucy

Pipsqueak
29-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Its such a personal decision isn't it.
I think I would get myself enrolled, qualified and on the road.

As you say it could take a while for you to fall pregnant

Just see where it all takes you - why not....

mrs_scottydog
29-03-2011, 01:49 PM
It's your decision but I would think about registering now. It takes a few months to register, I started my course in Jan '10 and was registered by Aug '10. At least then you wouldn't be trying to register while looking after two young children, also you'd be able to start advertising as soon as you wanted to when the youngest was old enough.
I started the course when my DS was 1 knowing that we wanted to start trying for baby number 2 halfway through the year. I've now been minding for 6 months, you just never know how long it's going to take to get pregnant.
At the same time you could fall pregnant while you're in the process of registering, so you could finish registering, have your baby and take on other children when you're ready.
Not sure I've been that helpful really, but let us know what decision you make. Hx