PDA

View Full Version : parent wanting less hours

nelly
29-03-2011, 07:28 AM
hi, i have a parent that only wants now 1hour before school and 1 hour after .shes changed her job and the hours have dropped alot but this is no good for me but dont want to terminate contract cause there good payers. can i say it needs to be a minimum of 2 hours for morning and same in the afternoon ?
thanks xx

moogster1a
29-03-2011, 07:34 AM
you can try but if I was the parent I'd think you had a bit of a cheek! I presume they're at least a rising 5 if it's before / afer school? Therefore not affecting a full time place? Unfortunately these things happen and our incomes can drop!

lma
29-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I have always said I charge a minimum of 2 hours fees for before school and after school children and this has never been a problem for any of my parents.

However my before and after school children are full time in the holidays so their fees are averaged on a months basis and this helps them I think so it doesnt seem like their fees are quite as bad.

HTH

X

rickysmiths
29-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I always feel you have to take the rough with the smooth. She could increase her hours later down the line. I always charge by the hour.

Pipsqueak
29-03-2011, 08:34 AM
of course you can say that - given the appropriate amount of notice:)

flowerpots
29-03-2011, 10:26 AM
If you didnt have a minimum set amount of hours before she dropped her hours then i think she might be a little peeved by it but you can do what you like. I always charge 1 hour min before school and 2 hour min after school but have done so from the beginning. Good luck with whatever you decide hun. :thumbsup:

alwaysright
29-03-2011, 12:47 PM
always charge a minimum of 2 hours for after schools otherwise i could end up going for £4.50, so after the hour it takes me getting there, back, parking , waiting and the petrol i'd rather not bother!!

suzyblue
29-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I now do a minimum charge of £5 for mornings and £10 for after school after I did have to go to a school with one child for £4.00. Not fun when you have to bring 3 littlies out with you and maybe a double buggy:(

Go for it! Just give her some notice :thumbsup:

The Juggler
29-03-2011, 01:34 PM
i wil do a min. 1 hour before and after school as I prefer to start late/finish early but if after schoolies are a big earner for you and you are loosing out I think to say that min. 2 hours session is fine. Or compromise at 3 hours per day???

Debster
29-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I charge per hour but base my charging by the amount of hours for instance over 20hrs I charge £3.25ph 20 hrs -10hrs £3.50 ph then 10 hrs or less £4.00 per hour many minders have a minimum charge but as her hours and pay has dropped she will be expecting her childcare cost to come down too. Its one of those thing unfortunatly

Andrea08
29-03-2011, 03:29 PM
i charge a morning fee of £5 to take to school and a pick up fee of £10 could discount if only needed for 1hr i would charge for 5 days..£25 mornings +£15 for the wks picking up as a discount..