PDA

View Full Version : TOILET PAPER / ROLL

angeldelight
29-03-2011, 07:26 AM
I am sure the kids eat it

We get through tons of the stuff

Do you ?

Do you buy cheap stuff or expensive - we have Andrex only cause I like the puppy on a roll :laughing: but its getting more and more expensive and does not seem to be lasting longer than an hour or so :laughing:

Do you have the same problem ?

Angel xx

kindredspirits
29-03-2011, 07:28 AM
i buy value loo roll - for where it goes and what it does i can't justify the extreme cost of even the next dearest!! :D
on saying that its just as well because george now goes for a wee by himself and uses about half the roll just trying to get rid of that last drip!! :laughing: most of it ends up on the floor though:rolleyes:

Alibali
29-03-2011, 07:33 AM
I go through loads too! I buy the best that is on offer, supermarket 'luxury' brand or andrex or kleenex, but not the value stuff, just doesn't do the job properly:laughing:

Mollymop
29-03-2011, 07:35 AM
We get through it really fast as well. We buy a 4 pack roll per week. I have to buy the more expensive makes as hubs likes to go to the loo in comfort lol and tells me off if I buy value.
I have found that the more expensive makes last a lot longer than the value rolls

flowerpots
29-03-2011, 07:37 AM
i buy the value stuff too, we go through 12 rolls a month at least :eek: and i just couldnt bare to watch them fush away all those pounds i would spend on luxury rolls. :blush:

Greengrass74
29-03-2011, 07:43 AM
We have joined our local cash and carry and get toilet rolls in bulk from them, same as wipes and other bits and bobs which seem not to last.
Using a cash and carry means we can buy in bulk so save in the long run.

sweets
29-03-2011, 07:50 AM
i used to always buy andrex or a supermarket luxury one. till last year when i had a period of not much money coming in and had to do some budget weeks shopping, i bought morrisons value its only about £1.20 for 12 and its great! and still buy it now even tho i could afford andrex :laughing:

a roll doesnt last as long as 'the good' stuff but for the price of them it doesnt really matter!

i also went on to value baked beans which are brill too :thumbsup:

birch24
29-03-2011, 10:44 AM
We buy a 4 pack roll per week.

Goodness my lot get through at least a 9 pack a week!! But I suppose that there are 6 of us and at least the same again with the mindee's!

Might bring in rationing!!

or charge:D

Dragonfly
29-03-2011, 10:52 AM
I find the cheap ones not the luxury shops own brand but the value ones there is nothing to them and your forever changing the roll. I use the shops own brand but not value :blush:

mama2three
29-03-2011, 11:05 AM
A tip so they use less , slightly squash the roll so the centre is an oval rather than a circle before you put it on the holder. It doesnt roll round so much before catching for pulling off and they end up using less

Mouse
29-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I only have baby mindees, so none of the use the toilet, thank goodness - we get through enough just from my family!
Having said that, our last pack seems to be lasting a while. I wonder now if they're all constipated or just not wiping as well as they should :eek::ROFL1:

Happy Bunny
29-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I' lucky enough to have a downstairs toilet that the kids use, i buy the cheap stuff for there and the expensive one for our loo

charleyfarley
29-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I buy bottom wipes for the children to use so during the week we don't seem to get through that much toilet paper. Charley actually thought it was disgusting that school only have toilet paper :D

We use so much more at weekends due to Daz being home that I've threatened to ration him :laughing:

Carol xx

alwaysright
29-03-2011, 12:44 PM
i also buy the good stuff but stock up when its on offer, but i am soooo sick of my downstairs loo getting blocked cos the kids insist on putting rolls and rolls of the stuff down there!! i have to put my hand right inside the ubend last week to unblock it :eek:

LOOPYLISA
29-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I buy whats on offer, don't like value :blush:

Moppy can't believe your 4 roll a week :laughing: we get through 6+ for us 3 :laughing:

venus89
29-03-2011, 01:19 PM
A tip so they use less , slightly squash the roll so the centre is an oval rather than a circle before you put it on the holder. It doesnt roll round so much before catching for pulling off and they end up using less

Oooohhh.... good tip, thanks :D

Andrex here, I'm a shopping snob, but dh bought value fruit last week instead of the stuff I'd normally get and it was fine so I've been a tiny bit converted....

Alibali
29-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I' lucky enough to have a downstairs toilet that the kids use, i buy the cheap stuff for there and the expensive one for our loo

Now, why didn't I think of that? But then if a visitor came they'd have to use that too and i'd be all :blush: :blush:

onceinabluemoon
29-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I buy velvet (soft soft soft!) as I got fed up with andrex falling apart!

During term time we go through about 9 or 10 rolls a week.

In holidays we go through 4

The difference is ONE child!

He has even been known to go through a whole roll in one sitting!!!!! :eek:

He's leaving in a few months to go to school so I will no longer be solely responsible for the clearing of the rain forests...

venus89
29-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I buy velvet (soft soft soft!) as I got fed up with andrex falling apart!

During term time we go through about 9 or 10 rolls a week.

In holidays we go through 4

The difference is ONE child!

He has even been known to go through a whole roll in one sitting!!!!! :eek:

He's leaving in a few months to go to school so I will no longer be solely responsible for the clearing of the rain forests...

I never had any problems with andrex falling apart..... ;)

One toilet roll in one sitting? I'd be a bit narked at that, that's obscene. And how does he manage to flush it all down?! :panic:

Monkey26
29-03-2011, 05:25 PM
I buy Tesco own but the nice stuff not the value! I also buy the big 12 roll packs as they tend to be better value for money in the long run...

I have a holiday boy who seems to use tons of the stuff, plus in the summer we are a host family for foreign students so we seem to speed through the stuff during the summer holidays :angry: x

mushpea
29-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I buy asdas own,, I buy a 12 pack each week and we normaly use them all,, there are 4 of us and 8 mindees of who 6 are now potty trained, there is no way I will spend lots on posh toilet roll when all we do is wipe our bums with it:laughing:

aly
29-03-2011, 05:39 PM
i buy value loo roll - for where it goes and what it does i can't justify the extreme cost of even the next dearest!! :D
on saying that its just as well because george now goes for a wee by himself and uses about half the roll just trying to get rid of that last drip!! :laughing: most of it ends up on the floor though:rolleyes:

same here lol

PixiePetal
29-03-2011, 05:46 PM
own brand soft or what's on offer in the biggest packs available - 18 usually. no idea how long it lasts as I always keep a stock in. Would hate to run out :eek:

might get value for downstairs as I now have 2 mindees using it and it goes rather quick :rolleyes: but will keep some nice stuff up high on a shelf for when I visit the loo :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
29-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I never had any problems with andrex falling apart..... ;)

One toilet roll in one sitting? I'd be a bit narked at that, that's obscene. And how does he manage to flush it all down?! :panic:

Flushes the toilet several times and then loops it all around the bathroom!

s'not nice, lol!

He is better now but still uses lots bless him, he likes to be super dooper fresh and clean ;)