PDA

View Full Version : SLIGHT PROBLEM - ANY ADVICE

mummyme
28-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

I am a mum to one just turned 4 year old and started minding on 1st March this year. I have a baby full time and 2 afterschoolers.

All started off fine with the afterschoolers (6 and 8) and my DS was particularly keen on the little girl and always wanted to cuddle her and for her to play with him. She has issues at home and likes to be close to me and has shown some jealousy lately over the fact that my son has the life here that he does. If he does a drawing she might say its rubbish, she's quick to say he's done this or that and if I let her, would be quite spiteful to him. He now shows a strong dislike to her and i dont blame him to be honest. He loves the other afterschooler (her brother) but says that he doesn't want the little girl to come round anymore. Today he threw a ball at her and tried to thrown a small plastic childs chair at her while she was on the swing!!!!

Once we came in from the garden today, she was cold so i suggested that my DS who loves to exercise, show her some exercises to warm her up. They did this lovely together, and after each exercise he felt her hands to see if he had warmed up and a couple of times gave her a cuddle. He even fetched her coat for her once she had to go home. I am thinking that maybe if I push them together a bit (supervised), their relationship may change for the better???? Any ideas?:(

Sorry this is long! :blush:

guest4
28-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Hiya,
Could they create a mural or piece of artwork together or maybe do a puzzle? Shows them they can get an end result if they work together as a team....:)
Hope things improve for you
Tracey x