PDA

View Full Version : fella grr

littlepixies
24-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Morning ladies, day off today :)

my fella is redecorating the hall stairs and landing past few weekends, bought all the stuff and hes managed to do all wood and metal work so far. The next job is to hang the wall paper and fit the new light switch covers (whihc he needs new screw drivers to do )
Now.... im sure you all know the time it takes for a male to get any job done! well i know this is gonna be the same lol he said for me and kids to go to my nans saturday so he can do the papering on saturday then went bck on it and said oh actually its ment to be nice why dont we do something grrrr.... i just want my decorating done!!!!!

Then its the case of i use the wall in the hall as my notice board and to display kiddies work but he says that it looks messy and hates all the paper work up there as soon as you walk in its the first thing you see grrrrr

any ideas girls

crazybones
24-04-2008, 06:46 AM
I use these presentation boards. 1 for all my certificates and posters that have to be shown during minding hours and the other displays the work we are doing that particular month. Then they can be taken down each night. Now thats the theory!. I paid to have someone gloss my HS&L between xmas and new year (expensive but no mindees there). I now have colour splats up the side of the wood on the banister and posters on the walls:rolleyes:

http://www.ss-services.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ess%2dservic es%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fDisplay%2ehtml&WD=presentation%20boards&PN=Display%2ehtml%23aC96#aC96

Scroll down to see the boards.

wendywu
24-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Well as my Hubby says ITS NOT A 5 MINUTE JOB YOU KNOW!!!!!!:laughing:

Cazz
24-04-2008, 08:41 AM
That looks like a good website- I'm going to request a catalogue (but will have to phone as it wouldn't let me do online). My postie will be cursing me cos I keep seeing links on here and ordering catalogues so I can buy things to get my business going. (Hubby will be cursing me as well when he sees the credit card statement :( ).

littlepixies
24-04-2008, 09:05 AM
they look good, but do they only stand up? or can they be hung up on wall? cause i only have wall space for display no top to place them on...

If they hang up ill get some they look really good

crazybones
24-04-2008, 09:14 AM
they look good, but do they only stand up? or can they be hung up on wall? cause i only have wall space for display no top to place them on...

If they hang up ill get some they look really good

You could probably find a way of hanging them. I stand one on the stairs behind the safety gate (the one with the certs and stuff on) and the other stands in the hall or is brought into the room we are using so we can display the work as we go. They are only cardboard though.

You can sort of see it on this thread where I posted a pic. The yellow one is the one that usually stands on the bottom of the stairs during the day.
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4717

John
24-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Morning ladies, day off today :)

my fella is redecorating the hall stairs and landing past few weekends, bought all the stuff and hes managed to do all wood and metal work so far. The next job is to hang the wall paper and fit the new light switch covers (whihc he needs new screw drivers to do )
Now.... im sure you all know the time it takes for a male to get any job done! well i know this is gonna be the same lol he said for me and kids to go to my nans saturday so he can do the papering on saturday then went bck on it and said oh actually its ment to be nice why dont we do something grrrr.... i just want my decorating done!!!!!

Then its the case of i use the wall in the hall as my notice board and to display kiddies work but he says that it looks messy and hates all the paper work up there as soon as you walk in its the first thing you see grrrrr

any ideas girls

One thing you can do is DIY yourself then you know it will get done just a thought, one thing girls can do is moan but won't do nothing about it :) or if you work together at the jobs in hand like i do, you will enjoy it and it will get done.

John.

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 09:52 PM
John you are getting very cheeky haha

Angel xxx

devoncm
25-04-2008, 06:50 AM
I dont need to worry bout things not getting done, once he has his mind set he going to do something there is little chance of changing it- were moving over the weekend and where as i would pack bits here and there around having the mindees he was on it at beginning of the week with everything nearly being packed

Gherkin
25-04-2008, 10:08 AM
One thing you can do is DIY yourself then you know it will get done just a thought, one thing girls can do is moan but won't do nothing about it :) or if you work together at the jobs in hand like i do, you will enjoy it and it will get done.

John.

You cheeky so and so....!

I do lots of DIY infact have decorated 3 bathrooms and we did a team effort on the stupid hallway (if I ever buy a three floored house again I want someone to shoot me). In this house if I do not start the DIY proceedings it wouldn't get done.