PDA

View Full Version : how can i prove my certificate is mine...

mr man
28-03-2011, 05:52 PM
had a parent today, lovely mum with 9m old. wants me three days, but has now asked me to prove my certifacte is mine. fine but how ???

flowerpots
28-03-2011, 05:54 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you drive then maybe you can show your licence and cert. :thumbsup:

amirose
28-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Show her photo ID such as your drivers license? This proves your you. She can then ring FIS to confirm your registered? :idea:

venus89
Show her something else with your name on? Something official?

BuggsieMoo
passport, bills in your name, photocard licence etc.

Lisa x

marian
28-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Why does she think it may not be?:huh:

Marian x

onceinabluemoon
28-03-2011, 06:02 PM
its got your name and your address on it, what more does she want?

rickysmiths
28-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Derr.. Its got your address on it. How many childminders are working at your address these days????

If someone didn't trust me at this level I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole I'm afraid.

marian
28-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Derr.. Its got your address on it. How many childminders are working at your address these days????

If someone didn't trust me at this level I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole I'm afraid.

I would have to agree

Marian x

caz3007
28-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I would have to agree

Marian x

I also agree. I have never had someone even look at my registration certificate, but it is displayed on a shelf

mr man
28-03-2011, 06:15 PM
yes i have thought all the above, and laughed mostly.
As she did read it while here too..... i think she is being a very cautious mum but wasnt sure how to prove myself.
I'm wondering if she missed the fact it has my address on. :laughing:

other ID is a good idea, if thats not enough then i'm obviously not enough. :rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
28-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I would have to agree

Marian x

and me! I show parents but never have been questioned:( gosh!

snufflepuff
28-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Sounds like someone has told her to check up on it and she's just doing as she's told without actually thinking.

Of course it is your certificate, its got your name and adress on it! Unless you have found a childminder, broken in to their house, hidden said childminder in the cupboard under the stairs and are now childminding illegally from their house with their certificate?!?!

Alibali
28-03-2011, 06:34 PM
How very strange:eek: It is in your house that she has come to visit, how do you know she is who she says she is???:laughing: :laughing:
That's another new one on me, just when you think you've heard it all.

nic t
28-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Completely agree! She would be a thanks but no thanks for me!

MaryMary
28-03-2011, 07:16 PM
How odd :eek:

rickysmiths
28-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Sounds like someone has told her to check up on it and she's just doing as she's told without actually thinking.

Of course it is your certificate, its got your name and adress on it! Unless you have found a childminder, broken in to their house, hidden said childminder in the cupboard under the stairs and are now childminding illegally from their house with their certificate?!?!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh dear my secrets out!!!

mummyof3
28-03-2011, 07:23 PM

ajs
28-03-2011, 07:33 PM

Oh dear my secrets out!!!

I amsitting here with my mouth hanging open at this thread but that did make me laugh RS

Adiamond
28-03-2011, 07:36 PM

I would have to agree :thumbsup: x

alwaysright
29-03-2011, 04:45 AM
first time for everything eh but thats a good one :laughing: i've heard it all now :laughing:

Pipsqueak
29-03-2011, 06:30 AM
I have had one parent ask me to prove who I was and he 'picked up on' that my certificate doesn't have an 'end or renewal date' - how does he know its still valid 'you seem to have had it a long time'

needless to say I didn''t go ahead with the contract

mr man
29-03-2011, 07:23 AM

i was thinking this too. As when she was here she was so so nice, we chatted about everyday things too and she was happy with everything. so i was taken back a bit when a boat load of Qs came through last night, including how a ensure children under 1 dont have more than 1g of salt as reccommended. Well i did show her the lsit of meals i offer, and i never cook with salt anyway, but she asked about low salt stock cubes. :eek: too.
well i replied with maybe its best you provide all her food, as she wanted organic rice cakes and only yoghurts that have apple sweetners rather than sugar.
this all came after she had met mum for lunch so im sure its another persons input.
i do want to take this on as i need to, but if it gets too much in settling then i'll leave it.

rickysmiths
29-03-2011, 08:38 AM
i was thinking this too. As when she was here she was so so nice, we chatted about everyday things too and she was happy with everything. so i was taken back a bit when a boat load of Qs came through last night, including how a ensure children under 1 dont have more than 1g of salt as reccommended. Well i did show her the lsit of meals i offer, and i never cook with salt anyway, but she asked about low salt stock cubes. :eek: too.
well i replied with maybe its best you provide all her food, as she wanted organic rice cakes and only yoghurts that have apple sweetners rather than sugar.
this all came after she had met mum for lunch so im sure its another persons input.
i do want to take this on as i need to, but if it gets too much in settling then i'll leave it.

You shouldn't use these for under fives as they are low in salt but usually high in Potassium which is just as bad! A lot of the Low Salt products are like this.

mr man
29-03-2011, 06:56 PM
You shouldn't use these for under fives as they are low in salt but usually high in Potassium which is just as bad! A lot of the Low Salt products are like this.

oo thanks for that, as my newest EM full of another boat loads of Qs did mention about breakfast now - and that she doesn't rgular weetabix or ready break, she gets the lower salt content......:eek: think ive got a salt phobic mum ....:laughing:

anyay i said it may be best she has breakfast at home, or brings with her..... i do think im begining to feel more comfotable in saying things now. iykwim.

but i do still think this is a phase and more probably grandmothers ideas.....hhhmmm.:rolleyes:

onceinabluemoon
29-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I have had one parent ask me to prove who I was and he 'picked up on' that my certificate doesn't have an 'end or renewal date' - how does he know its still valid 'you seem to have had it a long time'

needless to say I didn''t go ahead with the contract

This is an interesting thought!

One of my mindees used to be cared for by another minder in a neighbouring town. To cut a long and painful story short it turned out this minder had been de-registered by ofsted and had kept her certificate and kept working AS A REGISTERED CHILDMINDER! She even wrote out receipts etc for the mum to take to tax credits and the council!!!

If we had end dates on our certs this type of thing wouldn't be able to happen...

TheBTeam
29-03-2011, 08:13 PM

Couldnt have put it better myself!