PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning products

Annelize
28-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Just been reading the various food expenses threads and wow there is so many different opinions on this. I just wanted to see as no one mentions cleaning products, how do you put this through as expenses? I mean you wash the dishes they use for meals, you disinfect the work surfaces, mop the floors, hand washing soap etc. Surely you cant be buying all of this separate (I do not have room to do this).

Plus under what would you put the gloves (used for nappy changing) and paper towels used for washing hands through?
Annelize

Pipsqueak
28-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I might just put one bottle of x through every month perhaps
recorded in misc

TheBTeam
28-03-2011, 01:10 PM
I have a list of what i buy regularly and roughly how much i use per week and have calcualted a cost which i put through weekly. It is a staggering amount for wipes for this and that, extra loo rolls, kitchen rolls, extra toilet and sides cleaning, washing tabs for the washing of sheets etc.

Annelize
28-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I have a list of what i buy regularly and roughly how much i use per week and have calcualted a cost which i put through weekly. It is a staggering amount for wipes for this and that, extra loo rolls, kitchen rolls, extra toilet and sides cleaning, washing tabs for the washing of sheets etc.

Thanks for this, I thought that it would all add up to allot. What would you put it through on your books as? Just another line for cleaning products?
Annelize

snufflepuff
28-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I just occassionally put through 'cleaning products' which obviously covers allsorts, or 'toilet rolls' for example, and the amount goes under 'childminding expenses'- I use MM accounts. I take the amount from my receipts which are all kept because they have food on them.

TheBTeam
28-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks for this, I thought that it would all add up to allot. What would you put it through on your books as? Just another line for cleaning products?
Annelize

I just put it under cleaning products, i have used the same basis for calculation as i have done with food, taking a few typical weeks and use this as the basis for approx 6 months at a time!

Chatterbox Childcare
28-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I do mine within my shop and use the calculation per head the same as my food

Gloves and paper towels would be different at 100% as I would only use these for minding

miss mopple
28-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I put a set amount a month and just label it 'hygeine'. It covers wipes/washing powder/gloves etc