PDA

View Full Version : tea time

candy cat
28-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I heard through gran that mum is struggling with lo regarding meals and she is going to get me to give it to her......She goes home at 5pm plus We have afterschool activities til 4.45 on 1 of the days.....My rule is normally if staying til 6pm they get tea if not they don't (although none at present do!) Am I being mean? Just don't want to start this plus it is other pick up times etc etc at between 4.30 5.....advice pretty please!

sarah707
28-03-2011, 12:50 PM
If it doesn't work for you then don't be pushed into saying yes!

We sit down together at 445 until 515 and parents collect either before or after, our family meal times are important to us.

I would say if you cannot find a good half hour for eating PLUS enough free time to prepare food through the day then say no now - it's not worth you stressing over it every day.

Hth :D

debratina
28-03-2011, 12:56 PM
i sit down with the mindees for tea at 4.00pm
which is great has we have tea and then the children can
do activities if they wish
downside i am starving again by 7.00pm
Debra
ps i have a timer on my oven so our tea is coong when we are walking back
from school :D

The Juggler
28-03-2011, 01:13 PM
if you have tea at 5 or later now then stick to it. Tell her sorry you can't be giving tea earlier as you are doing activities. She can pay and leave her later or she can take her home and give her tea. :thumbsup:

tashaleee
28-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I also only provide dinner for anyone staying til 6 or later and they eat it with us as a family - if she wanted me to provide then I would say she needed to change her hours as I would only be able to provide as snack for children leaving at that time and it wouldnt be fair on the others (and of course not practical due to clubs etc)

candy cat
28-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks...think i will be strong and stick to my policy and what works for us.....she doesn't eat well anyway:panic: and she would take all the time away from the others so decision made:)

Baildon bears
28-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I used to give a child tea who was picked up at 5, I really struggled to get it ready and eaten on time, all my kids want to do is play when they get in, I'm not organised to get it ready before hand:blush:

PixiePetal
28-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I will do tea if they stay till at least 5.30, otherwise just an afternoon snack to keep them going.

older children I have in school hols I don't do tea for (they are 10 and 12) no reason why they can't wait as my teens do. Good for them to be home for family meal.

miffy
28-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I cut out snacks when we get home from school and serve tea earlier (around 4.30pm) - that works better for me.

I think you should do what suits you - don't let the parent dictate to you.

Miffy xx