PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a hot tub?

pinklady
28-03-2011, 11:18 AM
DH has got a bee in his bonnet about getting a hot tub but it sounds like it's the sort of thing that would upset ofsted!

I'm told they have a secure lid & DH would build a fence around it but I'm really unsure about it.

AliceK
28-03-2011, 11:25 AM
You can't let Ofsted rule your life and stop you doing or having the things you want. Get one, risk assess it, end of.

I have a real bee in my bonnet at the moment at having my whole life dictated by other people.

xxxxxxxx

Adiamond
28-03-2011, 11:33 AM
You can't let Ofsted rule your life and stop you doing or having the things you want. Get one, risk assess it, end of.

I have a real bee in my bonnet at the moment at having my whole life dictated by other people.

xxxxxxxx

EXACTLY how I am feeling at the minute.............Having serious thoughts on making big changes :D x

Roseolivia
28-03-2011, 11:34 AM

xxxxxxxx

Couldn't agree with you more. I think we worry too much what Ofsted think, this is our home and this is what parents want otherwise they'd send their children to nursery. I don't mind making changes to make sure children are safe but i will not allow Ofsted to dictate how we run our lives.

SammyM
28-03-2011, 11:50 AM
We've just got back from a week at Centre Parks and our lodge had a hot tub, the top on it was far too heavy for a child to lift off, and bear in mind we had a 6,5,4 & 3 yr old in our party. You had to lift it right over itself then it folded back on a frame.

Def worth the time it takes to do a risk assess versus lovely evenings in the hot tub with a drinky - just lush!!!!:jump for joy: :D :jump for joy: :D :jump for joy:

pinklady
28-03-2011, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=SammyM;898125]We've just got back from a week at Centre Parks and our lodge had a hot tub, the top on it was far too heavy for a child to lift off, and bear in mind we had a 6,5,4 & 3 yr old in our party. You had to lift it right over itself then it folded back on a frame.

Def worth the time it takes to do a risk assess versus lovely evenings in the hot tub with a drinky - just lush!!!!:jump for joy: :D :jump for joy: :D

Ooh that sounds lovely! And thanks for info on the lid :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the other replies too. You're all absolutely right & I have promised myself that I'm going to stop letting childminding rule my life. To continue that theme, my new 3 day week starts next week too! :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Baildon bears
28-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Sound fabulous, so envious. :thumbsup:

Nix
28-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Not anymore... I had to leave it in the old house with the 'x'. Ofsted never mentioned it or the pond when I had my inspection!

If you want one I would have one...I had many wonderful summer afternoons and winter evenings alone or with friends enjoying it.

I know have my daughter suggesting we get another one...I may just give in to the pressure!:laughing:

Alibali
28-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Can I come and visit please:D

Donkey
28-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Not anymore... I had to leave it in the old house with the 'x'. Ofsted never mentioned it or the pond when I had my inspection!

If you want one I would have one...I had many wonderful summer afternoons and winter evenings alone or with friends enjoying it.

I know have my daughter suggesting we get another one...I may just give in to the pressure!:laughing:

Of nix gets one I am voting the christmas meet is at her house :D :D :D

Alibali
28-03-2011, 06:55 PM
So it's Nix or pink ladys for the Christmas meet then? Fab, I'll look out my cossie:)

pinklady
28-03-2011, 07:16 PM
So it's Nix or pink ladys for the Christmas meet then? Fab, I'll look out my cossie:)

Yay! Just bring a bottle :thumbsup:

JulieA
29-03-2011, 11:23 AM
We have a hot tub! Ofsted didn't comment on it at all, and you can see it through the lounge window, so would have noticed it.

I have risk assessed it. The cover clips down all the way around, and I just move the steps away so the children don't climb onto it.

:)

pinklady
29-03-2011, 06:34 PM
We have a hot tub! Ofsted didn't comment on it at all, and you can see it through the lounge window, so would have noticed it.

I have risk assessed it. The cover clips down all the way around, and I just move the steps away so the children don't climb onto it.

:)

Thanks! :D