PDA

View Full Version : stage 4 crb check

nb73
28-03-2011, 10:16 AM
my husbands crb check started stage 4 on thursday last week, hasn't moved yet, i am taking on 2 children on 9th may. how long does this usually take? Have the police telephone number to chase it up (my husbands's crb check has taken months as his passport was stolen years ago and some-one else using it so hubby has had to be finger printed etc to prove its him!!). This is the onlt thing holding up my registration now!

Mcgons
28-03-2011, 12:33 PM
It depends on the police force, it can take weeks. Get your husband to phone the police force to chase it up.

sarah707
28-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Some come through quickly... others take months. It depends on how busy the policeman whose desk it has landed on is.

Ofsted won't chase it until you have waited 60 days.

Fingers crossed! :D

nb73
28-03-2011, 12:57 PM
thanks, i have spoke to ofsted, sarah as you say, they won't do anything until 60 days, so going to get him to call police and chase up. Why does it take so long?! My CRB check took one week!!

Mcgons
28-03-2011, 01:21 PM
thanks, i have spoke to ofsted, sarah as you say, they won't do anything until 60 days, so going to get him to call police and chase up. Why does it take so long?! My CRB check took one week!!

My husband had to go through 3 forces as we'd lived in 3 counties. 2 forces took a week but Gtr Manchester scheduled them in to be done just before the 60 days were up, it's just their way of processing them. He phoned and it got done in a few days.

JoJo*
29-03-2011, 06:07 AM
Hey -

Im in the same position -
We called the police station again and again and ofsted and they are now saying it should be here next week - Think you just need to keep pestering them and make sure you tell them how long you have waited. We did and they pushed his to the top of the pile and said they were swamped with them - so all depends on the area too.... Frustrating to say the least!
Hopefully we will both get them soon.;)
Good Luck!

nb73
30-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Now been told by police it should all be processed by the end of this week, then need to chase up CRB. Thanks your all your help

Hebs
30-03-2011, 09:59 AM
my assistants took 5 days from being recieved to printed and posted :eek: