PDA

View Full Version : What toys get played with most?

buzzy bee
28-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I have 1 yr old and 3 yr old mindees, and they don't ever seem to want to do any organised activities like painting or jigsaws or playdough, but they never get stuck into anything if we just have free play - maybe this is just typical behaviour, but I'm wondering if I need to get new toys?

What do you mindees really like the most?

Thanks!

caz3007
28-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Here the most popular things are the cars and the wooden brio train set, but then I have mostly boys, but the girls love them too

onceinabluemoon
28-03-2011, 11:01 AM
noisy toys and wooden bricks and treasure chest toys (ie toys that are not actually toys and serve to be used as other things fuelled by the child's imagination - for example we have a wooden kitchen roll holder which has been a dalek's exterminator, a walking stick, a pole for stacking linkys and bangles etc etc)

Mouse
28-03-2011, 11:08 AM
The kitchen & play food are always well used, as are the treasure basket, building blocks & musical instruments.

At the moment we have out a selection of old 'real' phones - house phones, mobile phones - and various old TV remotes. They're very popular.

buzzy bee
28-03-2011, 06:07 PM
thanks for the help everyone!

What other things do you have in your treasure baskets? I think mine needs updating as I've had it for babies and they're all bored of it now!

Love the old remote control idea... will have to have a hunt for one!

breezy
28-03-2011, 06:25 PM
mine love happyland/little people and lego is great with all ages!

mushpea
28-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Prams, dolls and the toy kitchen and thats the boys and the girls,,, we are down to one pram in the house at the moment as they broke the 2nd one and I am refusing to replace toys they break at the moment as it seems to happen a lot just latley but it does mean that they argue over the one pram alot,, i have 2 more bigger prams in the garden which again are the most popular toy outside.

Pipsqueak
28-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Garden is the most played with resource (and of course associated toys)
Footballs/Balls
Playdough
Crafts
Cars/vehicles and train sets
tea sets

depends on the child/gender/age

Alibali
28-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Dolls and prams
brio train set
happy land
Kitchen
all played with every day

JumpingJacks
28-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Bricks, craft and noisy toys for boys and girls alike :)

Splodge
28-03-2011, 06:56 PM
All ages seem to love lego, mine also love talking books, the car track and train track, but the favourite toy of the moment is emptying the toy box out and playing inside and making a den, having a picnic inside it, etc. xx :laughing:

jane5
28-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I find that no matter how many toys you have if they are on display all of the time the lo's get bored. I know ofsted say that all toys should be there on show so they can choose but I have too many to have downstairs and have some stored upstairs.
When I swap them around they all love the toys that they haven't seen for a while and it is as if they have new toys. :D

venus89
28-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Hmmmm..... The toy cooker indoors. And puzzles are a huge favourite at the moment too. Dolls and pushchairs. And any kind of tactile play.

miffy
28-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Toy kitchen/playfood

Tents and material to make them out of

Dolls and buggies

Crayons/paper

Musical instruments

Miffy xx

tulip0803
28-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I had a 18m, 2y & 3y here today and they loved the tent, everything was in it:rolleyes: .
Dolls prams, cars, Little people bus, balls and pots to put them in:cool: , hats, and playdough:thumbsup:

I had the tent up the other day and a 15m LO that I look after eyed it very suspiciously for about 45 minutes and only when my cat went in did he go in it. After that he won't come out:p

Blaze
28-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Happyland!!!!

...toy kitchen & water table:thumbsup:

Vickster
28-03-2011, 09:34 PM
A big card board box. Toys at the table, it gives them a different perspective. Wow toys, kitchen, little people. Ourside toys, balls. Sand and water table provide hours of fun (and changes of clothes and mess)