PDA

View Full Version : If a parents claims Tax Credits on your reg nos?

Tippy Toes
27-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi

I have a parent who claim childcare costs from Tax credits.

She has given me notice as no longer needs childcare.

I am just wondering should I do anything to safeguard myself in case parent contines to claim on my number?

I dont want to get in trouble in later years with the HMRC if they turn around and say I have recd Tax credit money for this child even though they left years ago?

Do you do anything to safeguard yourself when a child leaves your care?

Many thanks

Minstrel
27-03-2011, 05:08 PM
You could always ring them and let them know you have ended the care but experience from here tells me that they are not usually interested. It is up to the parent to keep their claim correct and it will be them who is in trouble not you. You will have financial records and attendence records to back you up.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-03-2011, 05:39 PM
It is the parents reponsbility to tell tc and no blame would come to you. This is stated in black and white on the HMRC website but if you felt you wanted to tell them you could ring the tc helpline

miffy
27-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I agree with Debbie, it is the parent's responsibility to tell tax credits but I always get them (parents) to sign a letter saying they are aware of this and detailing the last day of care for the child. That way if there is ever any query I have it in black and white and signed by parent!

Miffy xx

Tippy Toes
27-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I agree with Debbie, it is the parent's responsibility to tell tax credits but I always get them (parents) to sign a letter saying they are aware of this and detailing the last day of care for the child. That way if there is ever any query I have it in black and white and signed by parent!

Miffy xx

Would you mind me asking how you word this letter please? Im really stuck. Dont want to offend parent but want something in black and white.

thanks

miffy
27-03-2011, 06:15 PM
If you pm me your email I'll send you a copy

Miffy xx