PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do you actually work for CMing?

onceinabluemoon
27-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I work a 60 hour week actually caring for the children. (6am to 6pm)

I've spent all weekend for the last 3 weekends doing CM related things.

This weekend I've transformed the garden from a boggy mess to something that roughly resembles a child-friendly play area.

In the evenings I clean, mend, and plan, and do my diploma work.

I wonder how many hours a week I would actually spend doing childminding related work.

To be honest I am too scared to work it out because I think if I did I would quit!

Thing is I'm not doing anything excessive!

How about you?

ajs
27-03-2011, 12:30 PM
i've cut my work hours right back and probably do less then 40 now, i try to clean up as we're going and refuse to spend saturday doing anything work related and my sundays are spent doing a mixture of paperwork and family/ house stuff.
I know I am not doing enough work stuff but I am slowly catching up with what I had fallen behind with

The Juggler
27-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Last year I worked 3 x 10/hour days 1 x 10 1/2 hour day. Thursday was study/paperwork day and wasn't actually minding but still working :panic: :(

This year since September I'm finishing with most children at 4pm and last child leaves at 5, 5-15 and occasionally finish completely by 4.30. Very strange but I feel that although it's left a big dent in the finances my kids and me have more of a work:life balance:D Have to add it wasn't' by choice it was just the way my leavers/new contracts ended up being.

I still do my paperwork on Thursdays and try to keep weekends free.

squiggle
27-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I work 55 hours a week 7am tilll 6pm mon-Fri

xx

chrissie250
27-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I work 50 - 60 hours per week :jump for joy:

Chrissie

mushpea
27-03-2011, 04:12 PM
58hrs per week actutal childminding but paperwork gets done evenings and weekends and sunday afternoon is spent safty checking the house and garden and bringing in the toys/resources for the week ahead

Hebs
27-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I have the kids for 60 hours a week, and i guess i spend around 10 hours doing paperwork, cleaning, planning etc each week :panic:

AliceK
27-03-2011, 04:24 PM
50hrs a week actually looking after the children and then usually an average of between 5 and 10 extra hrs doing prep, paperwork etc so between 55 and 60hrs a week I guess.

xxxxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
28-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I only work 32 hours with minded children which suits me just find especially with my own little one, so I finish on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 4.30 pm at the very latest and then Thursday and Friday it is 1.45 pm and I really like these hours. I have decided when the little ones I have now finish with me I would like to cut down the days and only work 4 if possible.

I try to do paperwork in the evening as hubby works until 9.30 pm as I hate doing paperwork at the weekend and I try and do the housework on a Thursday afternoon. xxxx

kindredspirits
28-03-2011, 07:57 AM
i work a 50 hour week minding - the rest of the time i am either making the house fit for minding, or tidy from minding. seem to get very little 'down time' but i think thats part and parcel of being a working parent - especially working from home as you don't leave the 'work' environment so there is always something extra you can do. :D

amirose
28-03-2011, 08:13 AM
I have just sat and worked it out and I work a 44 hour week.
I have Thursday mornings "off" so haven't included that but to be honest I spend this time doing accounts and updating learning journals.
Weekends I really try hard to keep work free but spend Saturday mornings sorting out toys and tidying up and shopping trips often lead on to purchasing new resources!

snufflepuff
28-03-2011, 09:08 AM
I work 22 hours actual childminding, this will go up a bit in May as I have some new LOs starting. Plus maybe 2-3 hours extra on paperwork etc. It's just right for me at the moment as my son is still very young. I was childminding full time for a while and it was too much really. Financially I don't need to work full time so I'm not going to, lol!

messyplay
28-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I work 47 hours a week actually minding then extra for paperwork and cleaning

justdaz
28-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I work a 55 hour week the the children plus between 5-10 hours on planning, paperwork, cleaning, safety checks etc.

alwaysright
28-03-2011, 04:54 PM
i wish all the parents could read this page and see how many hours childminders actually work!! when they go home thats them done for the day, when their children go home from our homes we all carry on workiong for a good few more hours...

miffy
28-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I have the children for around 30 hours (only work 3 days) but that doesn't include setting up/clearing up and paperwork time so probably at least another 10 hours on top of that.

Miffy xx

venus89
28-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Too many :(

I work out of home two days a week. I childmind about 38 hours a week. But the courses and the paperwork and the sourcing resources take up an awful lot more of my time - some weeks it can take up most of Saturday :(

But I've made a resolution to spend more time with my family and if all the paperwork gets less attention then so be it. :clapping:

Does spending time on here count as Childminding?

Rubybubbles
28-03-2011, 06:27 PM
7:30-5:30 mon - fri with the children

then loads of time doing cleaning, sorting, planning ect ect:panic:

hubby says being on here does count as childminding stuff;) so he won't let me come on as much lol, says I need down time! oh okay, you do the tea/ironing/washing/lunch boxes.........................:mad: