PDA

View Full Version : CM business names

Kezzle
26-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I really like the idea of a name when i'm registered to make advertising stand out. Firstly does Ofsted need to know a trading name or just our personal names? Secondly i'm stuck for idea's and i'd like opinions please.

My idea's

Kestrel's krazy kids ( but this is KKK so i was thinking maybe not!)

Kestrel's kiddiwinks childminding

Kestrel's kubz CM (or Kubz spelt cubz or just normally?)

Kezzies kidz CM

This is all i have thus far, I wanted something which was personalised, and kestrel is a nickname of mine along with kez and kezzle and megalegs... but thats not really appropriate! Kerrie is my actual name but, i've had that for 24 years already and i'm a little bored with it.

Any help would be great, i'm thinking i might ask some of the kids in Yr 4 too. I'd like it to not sound too babyish.

Chimps Childminding
26-03-2011, 10:31 PM
June (co minder lives next door) and I have been thinking about a name as well!! We have come up with Jigsaw Childminding or Jigsaw Childminders (not sure which) as the J and C are our initials and we work together :rolleyes: We thought of having 2 jigsaw pieces as our logo on paperwork and possibly polo shirts - no one around here (as far as we can tell) has the same name - but still just an idea at present!

what about something like Kestrel's Chicks, Kestrel's Nest :idea: rubbish aren't I :blush: - hopefully someone with more imagination will be along shortly :D or as you say Kezzies Kids or even Kerrie's Kids (at least people would know its you!)

sonia ann
26-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I like "Kezzies Kids" :) .............I've recently started calling mine "Sonia's House" simply because the lo's always ask if they are "going to Sonia's house today?" :)

mama2three
27-03-2011, 07:46 AM
I like the nest and chicks ideas.
Not keen on changing the spelling in titles - 'Krazy' , Kidz just a pet hate of mine though , lots of people do it.

theonebeachbum
27-03-2011, 08:56 AM
I like Kezzies Nest - Kestral sounds good but might confuse people, unless you are going to ask them to refer to you as Kestral rather than Kerrie??

Tobb x

onceinabluemoon
27-03-2011, 11:17 AM
How about simply 'Kerry's Kids' if you want to keep the the alliteration route.

Or something completely different...

I also hate the changing of spellings for words in company names etc but its your choice. However think about it as you may find it puts off more mature parents... (and similarly it may attract young parents so it could work in your favour too)

Kezzle
27-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for everyone input :) I'm rubbish at thinking up names, hence the opinions needed. I like the nest/chick idea's. Lots to think about. I shall have to think some more. I don't want to put people off with a name thats too young. hmmmm