PDA

View Full Version : What is the most USEFUL tool you have bought for CMing?

onceinabluemoon
26-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I dont mean toys, games, storage or any of the normal things

What is the most useful TOOL you have bought for childminding?

Mine is a long arm stapler, Absolutely fabulous for making little books for the mindees to write in or colour in or whatever they want.

They totally love making books and the long arm of the stapler enables me to put staples in the centre like proper books

So... what's yours?

lou lou
26-03-2011, 09:22 PM
mine is the polaroid pogo would not be without it

miss mopple
26-03-2011, 09:26 PM
my over the bath sink so they can wash their hands without the need for steps (or run the risk of flooding the bathroom :laughing: )

catlyn
26-03-2011, 09:27 PM
an over the bath sink???? oooh i like the sound of that...sorry off topic but where can i get one please

sarah707
26-03-2011, 09:28 PM
My laminator! I love laminating :jump for joy:

jep
26-03-2011, 09:29 PM
My laminator....love using it..... just makes things look a little bit special:)

miss mopple
26-03-2011, 09:30 PM
an over the bath sink???? oooh i like the sound of that...sorry off topic but where can i get one please

Here you go

http://www.thebabycatalogue.com/Kids-Wash-Basin/productinfo/BA326/

jane5
26-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Ear plugs :D

No I'm with lou lou, pogo printer, it has only arrived today but I love it :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
There are photos stuck everywere:blush:

catlyn
26-03-2011, 09:32 PM
thank you sooo much for that....it will be really useful to me...i didnt even know such a thing existed...i love this forum x x :D

miss mopple
26-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Its fabulous (mine is an older version). I wouldn't be without it :)

onceinabluemoon
26-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Here you go

WOW that's brilliant! My bath has a handle there so it wouldn't be any good for me but fab for anybody who has a normal bath. :)

miffy
26-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Definitely my laminator.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
I just had a thought after reading Miss Mopple's post

My actual most used item would be my Kiddiwash hand washer. It sits in the playroom, is topped up loads during the day (and emptied of course) and saves me a future in water bills I'm sure :laughing:

missymood
Ear plugs :D

No I'm with lou lou, pogo printer, it has only arrived today but I love it :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
There are photos stuck everywere:blush:

I got a pogo printer too and I love it:thumbsup: Although you can't stick the picures to the ikea trofast boxes they are coming off already.

The only problem is that it doesn't hold a charge for long though:(

onceinabluemoon
26-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I got a pogo printer too and I love it:thumbsup: Although you can't stick the picures to the ikea trofast boxes they are coming off already.

The only problem is that it doesn't hold a charge for long though:(

I stuck mine on with sticky fixers, little double sided foam pads things, the more expensive ones are better as they tend to actually stick

missymood
26-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I stuck mine on with sticky fixers, little double sided foam pads things, the more expensive ones are better as they tend to actually stick

:thumbsup: Thanks will do this

aly
26-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Sarah's fault....My binder...her ebooks are so fab i have to bind each one lol..:laughing::laughing::laughing:

TheBTeam
26-03-2011, 09:59 PM
My kiddiwash and my pogo and my laptop!

oh thats three, laptop makes me creative with my own posters and then laminate them!

AnnieM
26-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Definitely my laminator. If it stays still long enough in this house it gets laminated. :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
26-03-2011, 10:15 PM
my laminator, followed closely by pogo,though I agree they don't hold the charge long enough, I can't seem to use mine without it being plugged in :rolleyes:

Love the idea of the over bath sink! Don't really need one as I have a downstairs toilet, but would be useful to have on a low table for littlies who can't reach the basin to wash their hands before lunch etc instead of using wipes or having to stand them on a chair by the sink!!

Carol M
27-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Laminator is top of my list of must haves too.
Digital camera annd huge office filing cupboard come close.
Carol xx

Heaven Scent
27-03-2011, 07:37 AM
The sets of gags and handcuff I use to keep the kiddies quiet - I find its all I need - no need for food, toys etc just chairs to attach the handcuffs to - a good real help - just like having a fab assistant really :blush: :blush:

debratina
27-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Morning
Mine is going to sound so sad but the best item I have brought is my dishwasher:blush:
It has meant that when I have after schoolies I can spend more time with them instead of being chained to the kitchen sink washing lots of pots
Debra x

Heaven Scent
27-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Actually I think my most useful tools are my laptop and my fleet of pushchairs. My Kiddiwash is brill for outings but its been redundant all winter as not had a picnic out so.

Bought a pogo but cant use it with laptop.

onceinabluemoon
27-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Morning
Mine is going to sound so sad but the best item I have brought is my dishwasher:blush:
It has meant that when I have after schoolies I can spend more time with them instead of being chained to the kitchen sink washing lots of pots
Debra x

That doesn't sound sad! I only had a table top dishwasher (no room for a floor standing one) and it broke before Christmas, I *really* miss it!

Newbie1!
27-03-2011, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=CAROLYN;897415]my laminator, followed closely by pogo,though I agree they don't hold the charge long enough, I can't seem to use mine without it being plugged in :rolleyes:

/QUOTE]

Glad someone else has the same, mine has to be plugged in too :(

Pipsqueak
27-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Pogo (although it has to be plugged in and can be rather tempermental about whether its going to work or not)

Laminator - wonderful piece of equipment

Printer and Laptop

Debster
27-03-2011, 08:36 AM
mine is the polaroid pogo would not be without it

ME too:thumbsup:

Debster
27-03-2011, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=CAROLYN;897415]my laminator, followed closely by pogo,though I agree they don't hold the charge long enough, I can't seem to use mine without it being plugged in :rolleyes:

/QUOTE]

Glad someone else has the same, mine has to be plugged in too :(
Common fault all my fellow minders have the same problem but I can live with it

The Juggler
27-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I think a printer that photocopies for receipts and drawings etc.

Toothfairy
27-03-2011, 08:49 AM
My top 4 are;

Pogo printer
Laminator
Binder
Laptop :thumbsup:

muffins
27-03-2011, 08:50 AM
My printer, scanner, photocopier! Not sure how on earth I'd manage without it, I copy loads of paperwork, childrens art for my files so they can take origanal home & print for photos:clapping:

Chimps Childminding
27-03-2011, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Newbie1!;897453]
Common fault all my fellow minders have the same problem but I can live with it

Just annoying when it is so portable, would be great to take out if you were meeting others at say the park and you could print off piccies there and then, but as you say, I can live with it!!

Tinglesnark
27-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Erm,
my top 5 would be;

1. Printer
2. Laminator
3. Nipper360
4. Bibi strolli
5. pogo printer

Just the same as everyone else...:thumbsup:

oh, i will add a reserve - my IPhone...it is fab for note taking and running off obs whilst out and takes ace photos which although cant be bluetoothed to my pogo, can be sent to parents mobiles and printed from my laptop

WibbleWobble
27-03-2011, 10:17 AM
phil

he does take some upkeep and can be costly but he is reliable and as long as he is serviced regularly he keeps on going!

mandy xx

muffins
27-03-2011, 10:34 AM
phil

he does take some upkeep and can be costly but he is reliable and as long as he is serviced regularly he keeps on going!

mandy xx

:laughing:

keeks
27-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Here you go

Oooh, I like that! My bath is curved though. :(

Mine are
Phone with a decent camera
Laptop
Printer/photocopier
My lovely laminator

I also want to get a binder.

xx

spowage
27-03-2011, 12:00 PM
i love and use my laminater and pogo all the time and have just discovered crafty crocodile im all ways spending on there fab xxx:clapping:

kel1983
27-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Mine is my Pogo Printer. I love printing out my photos and now we have a kiddizoom camera too and the kids love there photos being printed off too

venus89
27-03-2011, 01:17 PM
In all seriousness, do you think that I could justify a pogo printer as an expense from a bursary for CPD? (sorry to hijack the thread.....)

Chimps Childminding
27-03-2011, 01:24 PM
In all seriousness, do you think that I could justify a pogo printer as an expense from a bursary for CPD? (sorry to hijack the thread.....)

Absolutely!! They are great for sticking on obs sheets. Self sticky, save me a fortune on printer ink!!! Definately a must have I would say!!!

venus89
27-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Absolutely!! They are great for sticking on obs sheets. Self sticky, save me a fortune on printer ink!!! Definately a must have I would say!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

I don't want to spend all the money on things like a magazine subscription, I'd like something that will will be a help to me after a year......

shmuck9681
27-03-2011, 04:18 PM
my hot glue gun for finishing tasks as waiting for glue to dry seams to take forever:)

loocyloo
27-03-2011, 06:14 PM
my pogo!

my laminator :D

and the guillatine i didn't know i needed until DH gave me one for christmas! i can cut straight lines now !!!:D

oh, and the scanner & printer!

and my latest gadget - electric pencil sharpener :D

onceinabluemoon
27-03-2011, 06:50 PM
and my latest gadget - electric pencil sharpener :D

I could do with one of these, no idea how these children blunt the pencils so quickly!!

Do you have a link or brand name please?

Winnie
27-03-2011, 07:27 PM
The thing i use every day......
my Fiskars personal paper trimmer :D

and
my digital camera
scanner & printer
A4 white paper!

babs
27-03-2011, 07:34 PM
pogo
laminator
lappy
and new cabinet for all my paperwork

Stace
28-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Here you go

oooo must say I like the idea of the over the bath sink - think will have to order one - I just thought I would be cheeky and double check if we get a discount with the forum :blush: - worth a try :laughing: (Sure I've seen things like that before on here) :blush: :blush:

Don't think I could live without my laminator at the moment.

S
xxx

PixiePetal
28-03-2011, 01:30 PM
my canon selphy photo printer

Xcut paper trimmer - had it anyway for my card making etc but is now in playroom :rolleyes:

laminator - like lots of others say :)

keeks
28-03-2011, 03:37 PM
On the bus today I realised that my bus pass (I bought one valid for a whole year) is one of my favourite tools too.

No more worrying about having the right bus fare, we hop on and off and I love it!

xx

breezy
28-03-2011, 04:44 PM
laminator :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

muffins
28-03-2011, 05:18 PM
oooo must say I like the idea of the over the bath sink - think will have to order one - I just thought I would be cheeky and double check if we get a discount with the forum :blush: - worth a try :laughing: (Sure I've seen things like that before on here) :blush: :blush:

Don't think I could live without my laminator at the moment.

S
xxx

If you order over £100 worth of stuff they will give childminders a 20% off trade discount:clapping: You have to order over the phone, I've done a few times:D

Alibali
28-03-2011, 06:25 PM
My foldable changing table, wouldn't be without it:D

Rubybubbles
28-03-2011, 06:37 PM
My clock, so I know when it's home time:laughing:

Stace
28-03-2011, 08:05 PM
If you order over £100 worth of stuff they will give childminders a 20% off trade discount:clapping: You have to order over the phone, I've done a few times:D

Thanks for that Muffins, maybe time for some shopping :laughing:

Out of interest (sorry know its going off thread a bit) but are there lots of companies that do this - I've heard on here that Vista Print does but not sure of any others.

:blush: every penny counts being a CM lol :)
S
xxx

miss mopple
28-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Oooh Ive thought of another- my screw lid coffee mug so I can keep a hot one with me when we are out on the go :D

Monkey26
28-03-2011, 08:17 PM
My laptop :D I have so much stored on it (and external harddrive!), i upload and edit photos on it, i keep in touch with parents via email, i update learning journals, i update my policies, i email the dreaded O, i design my own posters on it (handwashing etc) and much more... OH AND i access the childminding forum on it :clapping: xx

jadavi
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Can you use the kiddywash without a bath or sink> ie just on a low table? Are there 2 tanks to hold water one clean one used?
sounds a great idea!

onceinabluemoon
10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Can you use the kiddywash without a bath or sink> ie just on a low table? Are there 2 tanks to hold water one clean one used?
sounds a great idea!

Yes, mine sits on a low unit in the hall or on a small chair out in the garden (it could also go out with you if you had a car)

The clean water sits in the tank and the dirty is collected on the 'basin' part. x

singlewiththree
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
My friend has a 1 hole holepunch and I want one so am going to buy that and that will be the best thing I bought apart from pogo printer.

Greengrass74
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
It has to be the Laminator :thumbsup: followed by the book binder which we use to make the daily diaries

jayjay1963
10-07-2011, 04:31 PM
For me it just has to be my laminator and of course my dishwasher:)

jadavi
10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
how do these kiddysinks work? do they not connect to a tap?

jac

steveschildmind
10-07-2011, 05:01 PM
My car, nice and big Nissan MPV with boot space even with all the seats in use. :)
Although I don't like it's love of petrol... :(

Babycat
10-07-2011, 06:01 PM
wow wish i could afford a kiddiwash!! Thats a new aim! love the bath sink! but dont have a bath! lol

lulubelle
10-07-2011, 06:39 PM
i already have laminator and guilitine and am now telling hubby i need one of those printers!!!

love381
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I have the best printer in the world!! It's amazing and I'm sure I use it EVERY day! It has a continuous inkjet system on it. It costs hardly anything to run at all, the ink is soooooooooo cheap it's actually unbelievable! When I bought it the guy said it costs about 8p to print a full page of photos, but I think the ink's gone down a little in price if you buy the biggest bottles.

I don't think I could be without it!! x

Stormy
10-07-2011, 07:57 PM
laptop,printer,camera and laminator

emmadines
10-07-2011, 08:37 PM
hummmmmmmmmmmmm, bottle of wine
*Joke :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:
my s max lol

catlyn
10-07-2011, 08:52 PM
I have the best printer in the world!! It's amazing and I'm sure I use it EVERY day! It has a continuous inkjet system on it. It costs hardly anything to run at all, the ink is soooooooooo cheap it's actually unbelievable! When I bought it the guy said it costs about 8p to print a full page of photos, but I think the ink's gone down a little in price if you buy the biggest bottles.

I don't think I could be without it!! x

ooh tell me more please.....I'm looking for a new printer x

PixiePetal
10-07-2011, 11:04 PM
ooh tell me more please.....I'm looking for a new printer x

me too! DH chose the current one and it costs a fortune in ink :rolleyes:

Babycat
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
wow wish i could afford a kiddiwash!! Thats a new aim! love the bath sink! but dont have a bath! lol

TYPICAL! finally start earning and looking for one of these and guess what its not on sale :'( Gutted anyone saw something similar with the two water tanks?

onceinabluemoon
09-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Wow, I started this thread a year ago!!!

There are a lot of really old threads being dug up at the moment, must be a wealth of information in this forum if you look for it. :)

Babycat
09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Wow, I started this thread a year ago!!!

There are a lot of really old threads being dug up at the moment, must be a wealth of information in this forum if you look for it. :)

I commented on this im sure before i was registered and ive looked for it a few times and this one time that i really wanted an item im gutted! lol

guest3
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
TYPICAL! finally start earning and looking for one of these and guess what its not on sale :'( Gutted anyone saw something similar with the two water tanks?

If you Google Kiddiwash it comes up with one available.....it is quite pricey Babycat but looks great, especially for taking out and about :)

Donkey
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
If you Google Kiddiwash it comes up with one available.....it is quite pricey Babycat but looks great, especially for taking out and about :)

sometimes kiddiwash sell off earlier models or display/demo models at shows

me and heavenscent grabbed a bargain at tes one year

onceinabluemoon
10-03-2012, 02:07 PM
in stock here (this is where I bought mine), I rather like the blue version :)

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1718671/Kiddiwash-Portable-Sink/

if you do buy one be warned, the top 'tank' holds more than the bottom one so don't fill it right up or you'll get an overflow

guest3
10-03-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.kiddiwash.com/shop/kw-the-kiddiwash-kw

this is the other one I've seen

Babycat
10-03-2012, 04:36 PM
It wasnt that one it was the over the bath one! Definately still cant afford the £140 price tag! The over the bath one cost about £25 odd

Gutted its not in stock now!

I did email the kiddiwash people to see if there was any old stock or ex displays just to chance my arm lol

zillervalley
10-03-2012, 05:01 PM
My top 4 are;

Pogo printer
Laminator
Binder
Laptop :thumbsup:

the samr minus the binder dont have one as yet but i am thinking about getting one soon

ziller