PDA

View Full Version : SEF - WHAT TO DO WITH IT NOW?

keatingschick
26-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I started my SEF last year as I was expecting Ofsted in December (ish), and then with one thing and another I never got back to it, but knew I had started it which I know that from friends who have had their inspection Ofsted are happy as long as you have actually attempted it.
I got my call last week saying Ofsted WILL be visiting me and I will be informed when (they come THIS week :panic: ).
The woman was really nice, she asked if I had started my SEF, I said I had ATTEMPTED it but wasnt anywhere near finished as I was a little stuck on what to put at certain points, she said thats not a problem as long as I had looked at it no worries etc, but she said that if I submitted it now then she wouldnt get it before she visited me. She suggested I email it to her - HOW??????? And said failing that she would try to look at a "hard copy".

Does a hard copy mean me printing it out for her? How would I email it, I dont appear to have WORD and my son not very helpfully said he then hadnt a clue how to email it (cos he was rushing to go on his XBOX)

What should I do? Should I print it all out for her, or will she be able to just log into my Ofsted online SEF like I do and read it from there?

Katiekoo
26-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't know about emailing it to them, did they give you an email address?
But I would definately print out (hard copy) the bits you have completed and have a go at putting some brief notes in for the questions you didn't get to before. I think she'll be able to go through it on the day. Haven't had my inspection, and also not completed my sef yet so I'm no expert! Good luck :)

keatingschick
26-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes she gave me her email address. I think I am goin to have to print it off then.
Thanks. Will let you know how it goes.

sarah707
26-03-2011, 09:37 PM
You should have some sort of word processing software on your computer!

Microsoft Word or Works or something similar. Whatever you normally use to write letters and documents.

You can copy (control c on your keyboard) and paste (control v on your keyboard) information in and out of your online SEF.

Once your information is saved on your desktop you can put it into an email as a file attachment...

Do you have someone local who can help you? :D

miffy
26-03-2011, 09:50 PM
My inspector asked me to email her my SEF so she could have "a good read" of it before she came but that was because I hadn't filled it in online.

I don't understand why you can't just submit your on-line sef - the inspector should be able to access it then.

Miffy xx

Vickster
26-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Thee is a print option on the online SEF form.

mrs_scottydog
27-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Keeks also found a word version on the Ofsted website. You could fill this in and email it to her. There's a link to it on Keeks' thread below.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78030

Hope that helps, also good luck with your inspection. Hx

keatingschick
27-03-2011, 04:59 PM
My inspector asked me to email her my SEF so she could have "a good read" of it before she came but that was because I hadn't filled it in online.

I don't understand why you can't just submit your on-line sef - the inspector should be able to access it then.

Miffy xx

Don't know?
She just asked if I had done my SEF, I said that I had but that I was sort of stuck on a few bits so I hadnt submitted it. She said it didnt matter at least I had attempted it. Then she said that if I submitted it now she wouldnt get it before her visit:huh: (wonder if maybe she thought that I was going to post it and that obviously she wont be in the office????)

The thing is, I thought could she not just come her, I log on my laptop log into my SEF as I do when I am going it online, and she read it like that??

Anyway I've printed it off today.

I dont really do many letters but when I do I just use microsoft works word processor, the thing is, when I have highlighted the text to copy when I right click to copy nothing happens, and I havent a CLUE what to do.

So I've printed it off. The only thing is, if the had looked on my online thing, I could still be adding bits right up until the minute she pulls up outside my house :laughing: whereas now obviously cos I have printed it then she is just gonna have to read what I have written so far.

I havent written anything near what you are all saying re 2 and 3 pages per question :panic: I am just hoping that what my NVQ tutor said - that I seem to condense my work and yet still manage to get the relevent bits in - still applies :laughing:

Wish she was coming tomorrow, I hate the waiting!!

miffy
27-03-2011, 06:24 PM
At least it's done - good luck for your inspection, hope it goes well

Miffy xx

sarah707
27-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I dont really do many letters but when I do I just use microsoft works word processor, the thing is, when I have highlighted the text to copy when I right click to copy nothing happens, and I havent a CLUE what to do.

Well done for printing it! :clapping:

It's always best to put things onto your own computer though rather than trust the online system.

You don't use the mouse to copy and paste it doesn't work.

To clarify for others who might be reading... you copy (use the 2 keys control and c on your keyboard) and paste (use the 2 keys control and v on your keyboard) information in and out of your online SEF.

Hth :D