PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Quality Comes First conference

venus89
26-03-2011, 05:22 PM
So who else was at Maidstone today? I know a couple of others were signed up for it.... Did you eat too much cake or were you restrained?! What did you think about it?

I found the morning a little hard going, I think we could have done with a break between speakers. I did the child nutrition workshop this afternoon. I not sure I agreed with everything Dr Pinki said but it was interesting and I'm planning to make the information into a pack to share with parents :)

venus89
26-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Just me, huh? :(

sarah707
26-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I was busy at the East Cheshire Partnership meeting gossiping with Parsleypetal, Mrs M and Heaven Scent (plus a few other forum members whose forum names escape me!)

I hope you had a lovely day :D

birch24
26-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Hiya

I was there and in the child nutrition talk :-) where were you sat?
:D

venus89
26-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Hiya

I was there and in the child nutrition talk :-) where were you sat?
:D

Oooohhh.... I was sat with the lady whose daughter wouldn't eat mince.... *waves hello*

birch24
26-03-2011, 08:30 PM
I was sat over the other side near Dr Pinki. I asked your friend if her child didn't like gravy:laughing: :laughing:

I loved my freebies :jump for joy:

venus89
26-03-2011, 09:23 PM
:laughing: :laughing:
Ah I wish I'd looked more closely at you now, then I could spot you next time :laughing:

I love my freebies too. My son's been playing with the ball all afternoon and the LOs will be really pleased to have a new puzzle to make :D

birch24
26-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Its funny I did wonder if there were any forum members there.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. xx

miss mopple
26-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Not me but I do miss good old Maidstone. I grew up there :D

I was in Winchester at an ECAT conference today. Its was fab :thumbsup:

SamBaker
27-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I was there!!!! ME me me! I was on the PSED workshop. It was my first one I had been to, and as I went on my own I had a really good time and met some great people. Yes the morning was a little hard going and was starting to feel a little sleepy by the end of it but I think that was because it was so warm in the hall! I would like to go again though.

venus89
27-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I was there!!!! ME me me! I was on the PSED workshop. It was my first one I had been to, and as I went on my own I had a really good time and met some great people. Yes the morning was a little hard going and was starting to feel a little sleepy by the end of it but I think that was because it was so warm in the hall! I would like to go again though.

It was my first one and I was on my own too....

How was the PSED workshop? I was worried in the morning that I'd made the wrong decision but Dr Pinki was good, she got me thinking.....

So have you earmarked children for the ecat badges yet?!

birch24
27-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Are you all going to the NCMA South East Region ARM and Forum? its in Billingshurst.

SamBaker
28-03-2011, 04:59 AM
It was my first one and I was on my own too....

How was the PSED workshop? I was worried in the morning that I'd made the wrong decision but Dr Pinki was good, she got me thinking.....

So have you earmarked children for the ecat badges yet?!

It was Ok....... but it was mainly just us writing down what we knew and the other childminders adding to it, no talk as such, got some really good ideas from the other ladies. Glad I have done that one now!

Not sure about the Billinghurst one, havn't made up my mind yet.

venus89
28-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure about Billingshurst either. I've just finished trying for EYPS and I'm working 6 days a week at the moment, Saturday's my day off so I quite fancy abreak!

But, I do find it really valuable going to these things as none of the Childminders in my town has the same attitude to Childminding as me whereas the people I meet at the courses and conferences do....

SamBaker
28-03-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure about Billingshurst either. I've just finished trying for EYPS and I'm working 6 days a week at the moment, Saturday's my day off so I quite fancy abreak!

But, I do find it really valuable going to these things as none of the Childminders in my town has the same attitude to Childminding as me whereas the people I meet at the courses and conferences do....

I really enjoy doing things like this, feels more than just a way of making a few pennies, really changed my attitude with my tiddleys today as well.

venus89
28-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I think it does - at the end of the day it can be a really insular job and meeting other people and talking through situations, or sharing good ideas, really does help matters.

I went to a training session the other night and came back with ideas for two new forms which I've rolled out to the Children's Centre and managed to use to (finally :rolleyes: ) get the preschool to work in partnership with me :D It's brilliant when things like that happen and I honetly don't know how the Childminders who never attend non compulsory training improve their practice or keep up to date (unless they're on here ;) )