PDA

View Full Version : upstairs toilet???

sharonmanc
26-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I am waiting to start my briefing session, but thought i would start asking questions ( can you tell I am eager lol).

Does anyone childmind and only have an upstairs toilet? My toilet is in my bathroom, no problems for my own kids, even my almost 2 year old who will be starting potty training soon, but what do I have to consider for ofsted for any mindees i may get, particularly younger ones?

Also is this an issue with potential mindees parents?

any info would be appreciated

Sharon :)

caz3007
26-03-2011, 05:05 PM
My toilet is upstairs, never had a parent mention it and Ofsted didnt have a problem. I currently only have one child who is potty trained and I either take the baby with me or pop her in the travel cot when we go upstairs. All my others are big enough to use the toilet on their own and the one who is potty trained is getting there.

muffins
26-03-2011, 05:12 PM
I only have a loo upstairs & its never been a prob for me. If a child isn't confident on the stairs then I take them up but most have been ok not long after potty training. I do have small bolts at the tops of all the doors upstairs to stop anyone being nosey!:rolleyes:

sharonmanc
26-03-2011, 05:16 PM
thank you ladies for the quick replies, seems i dont have anything to worry about, will be taking steps to keep things out of kids reach etc.

Muffins great idea about the little bolts, especially asthe bedrooms will be the only place in the house for the kids to have their space, plus will keep little wonderer's out lol.

caz3007
26-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I only have a loo upstairs & its never been a prob for me. If a child isn't confident on the stairs then I take them up but most have been ok not long after potty training. I do have small bolts at the tops of all the doors upstairs to stop anyone being nosey!:rolleyes:

I dont have them on the bedrooms, but do on my craft room, and no one goes in, I can hear :D

TheBTeam
26-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I only have a loo upstairs, I am lucky though in that you can hear everything in my prefab in a whirl wind, and so if i stand in my living room I can see through to the garden and hear up the stairs, and i just pointed out that i listen for the right sounds in the right order and investigate if i dont hear them!!

onceinabluemoon
26-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I've only got an upstairs loo too. Ofsted thought it was fine.

I have had children messing around upstairs when they should be toileting so now I have a bolt on my bedroom door (be sure to tell ofsted its to lock children out not lock them in!) as I need to have one small piece of my house which is just MINE!

I've also had children leave running water on after washing their hands, not great cos we're on a meter!!

You do learn the ones you need to check and the ones you can trust though, and like BTeam says you listen for the 'right' sounds and investigate if you dont get them lol!

sharonmanc
27-03-2011, 06:03 AM
i guess ofsted wont be impressed with my sarcastic humour if i do tell them the locks are to lock kids in hahaha

My son already thinks I cam see around corners , so i guess it is just using common sense, like i do with my own, especially my little man, wow can he mess.