PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth doing it???

Newbie1!
26-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Just wondered whether you guys thought it would be worth doing the Diploma in HomeBased Childcare?? or if I would be better served saving my pennies and putting them into the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Peoples workforce????

Also, can anyone recommend the cheapest place to go with? xxxx

sarah707
26-03-2011, 05:13 PM
The problem with the homebased childcare qualification is that it restricts you in the future... if you want to move into schools or nurseries you are only qualified to work as a childminder and may need to do a top up.

However if you are happy as a childminder and looking for professional development within a role you love then it might be just the job.

Good luck with your decision :D

Newbie1!
26-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks Sarah - I think you hit the nail on the head actually as Im probably thinking of only minding for maybe another three years (of course may change my mind in the meantime!!) but was thinking that when DD starts full time school that Id look into nurseries, or my original chosen career as a TA - Its just the TA quals are all I have in relation to childcare and alot of parents comment that it is more "school" related than "childcare" related so was looking for something to enhance that xx