PDA

View Full Version : Morton Michel - really impressed!

Tinglesnark
26-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I ordered their contracts and child record forms yesterday morning and they arrived today!!!! :eek:

Look through them, they are MILES better than the NCMA one that i have been using - really detailed with different choices that you simply tick with space for you to add your own bits...im really impressed! going to change other contracts over at the reviews and sticking with MM for insurance, they are cheaper and seem to have it all covered!

happy days!

angeldelight
26-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Agree 100%

I was worried a few years back when I changed to go with them but like you say they are much more detailed than NCMA

Angel xx

Tinglesnark
26-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Agree 100%

I was worried a few years back when I changed to go with them but like you say they are much more detailed than NCMA

Angel xx

i was worried to Angel, i was panicking that i couldnt afford NCMA prices and that if i were to swap then id not get the benefits from NCMA membership, i realised yesterday that wasnt the case - i can have both so i was relieved! (i like to have NCMA membership because of the courses that they offer :D)

TheBTeam
26-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I am thinking that i might hedge my bets and put me with one and hubby with the other!

angeldelight
26-03-2011, 12:32 PM
I am thinking that i might hedge my bets and put me with one and hubby with the other!

:laughing: :laughing:

Good idea

Angel xx

Tinglesnark
26-03-2011, 01:54 PM
:laughing: B its a good plan, i did a similar thing! I was covered with NCMA when i opened up the Morton Michel insurance - im still covered by both LOL!
The difference is that MM will insure you regardless of the contract that you use, NCMA will only allow theirs to be used - plus MM has on their contract that you can suspend care if you have fees outstanding and NCMA insist that you carry on offering care whilst trying to recoup your money...

I think its horses for courses but i deffo prefer MM :D

Chimps Childminding
26-03-2011, 01:55 PM
:laughing: B its a good plan, i did a similar thing! I was covered with NCMA when i opened up the Morton Michel insurance - im still covered by both LOL!
The difference is that MM will insure you regardless of the contract that you use, NCMA will only allow theirs to be used - plus MM has on their contract that you can suspend care if you have fees outstanding and NCMA insist that you carry on offering care whilst trying to recoup your money...

I think its horses for courses but i deffo prefer MM :D

Mine is due at the end of the month! I am with NCMA at mo, but it seems such a lot to have to pay out - not sure quite what to do, hence the reason I have done nothing :blush: :blush:

Tinglesnark
26-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Mine is due at the end of the month! I am with NCMA at mo, but it seems such a lot to have to pay out - not sure quite what to do, hence the reason I have done nothing :blush: :blush:

Look on MM and see hwat they offer - it really is worth it :D

AnnieM
26-03-2011, 02:33 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the mm contracts is that they weren't self carbonating (?) so you either had to use 2 or fill one in then photocopy it. They did say they were looking at changing them, so my question is....... Have they? I have been using my own contracts, but will definitely go back to the mm ones when they make them self duplicating. :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
26-03-2011, 02:42 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the mm contracts is that they weren't self carbonating (?) so you either had to use 2 or fill one in then photocopy it. They did say they were looking at changing them, so my question is....... Have they? I have been using my own contracts, but will definitely go back to the mm ones when they make them self duplicating. :thumbsup:

Yes they are :thumbsup:

mushpea
26-03-2011, 02:48 PM
my ncma membership runs out in may I just read on their site that their membership is £65 and insurance is £26 but mm is £42 for the insurance so that is more expensive than the ncmas insurance ,
I was going to cancel the ncma membership and just take out insurance with a company because in our area the preschool learning aliance won the local authority contract and its them who will be providing training so no more free training form the ncma so pointless joining but then i realised that to be acrredited I have to stay part of the network that belongs to the ncma so I am guessing I have to stay a member of the ncma and pay and extra £65 a year to stay on the network?
I am sooo confused! do i have to be on the ncma network to be acredtited or is there another network,, to be honest I havent seen any benifits of being on the network other than staying acredited anyway

Ripeberry
26-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Is it possible to still be an ncma member but have insurance and contracts through MM? If so, then I'll be changing to them next year :thumbsup:

nicola1981
26-03-2011, 02:56 PM
ive been undecided to go with NCMA or MM but i think you've just sold MM to me

what courses do NCMA offer and how much is the membership?

mushpea
26-03-2011, 03:11 PM
ive been undecided to go with NCMA or MM but i think you've just sold MM to me

what courses do NCMA offer and how much is the membership?

ncma is £65 member ship and i think it was £26 insurance, micheal morton is £42 insurance so i would rather go mm but am not sure if i have to still be on the ncma network to be accredtited in which case i might aswell go ncma,, cor im confused:eek:

~Chelle~
26-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Is it possible to still be an ncma member but have insurance and contracts through MM? If so, then I'll be changing to them next year :thumbsup:

Yes it is, you dont have to have NCMA Insurance, you can still be a member.

I am changing when mine runs out in September but will keep the NCMA membership :thumbsup:

Debster
26-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I have always used MM and must say I love the paperwork:thumbsup: and its half the price of NCMA I have saved a small fortune over the years. They are certainly giving NCMA a run for their money I think with them you are just paying for the name.

marnieb
27-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I changed to MM this year as well - tbh I couldnt see any benefits to staying with NCMA.

Tinglesnark
27-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I couldnt afford to renew with the NCMA, im still doing my DHC even though i dont currently have membership.
When/if i get this contract on Tuesday there are 3 things that i need to do;
1. Buy my single nipper for the school run through the woods
2. Buy a filing cabinet
3. Renew NCMA membership

If MM offered the courses that NCMA do then i wouldn't bother BUT i do like NCMA, I like the way that they set out courses and offer grants (or used to) so will deffo stick with them for membership -

One thing though, can i still use NCMA accident/incident forms? i have a whole pack and it seems silly to waste them :D

onceinabluemoon
27-03-2011, 11:45 AM

MM contracts are carbonated/self copying. In fact so much so that you have to be careful to only do one layer at a time, lol!

I prefer the wording in MM contracts, I can actually understand what they mean!! Its also all on the front of the sheet and parents cannot say 'oh I didn't read the back, I didn't agree to that' if a dispute occurs.

I like the idea of belonging to NCMA but cannot afford the hefty price tag for essentially nothing.

crazyhazy
27-03-2011, 06:45 PM
This is good to read, I'm in scotland and a member of scma and have my insurance through them but they are due for renewal next month and to be honest I don't see any benefit to using scma. They don't offer any training in my area, the helpline is ok but have only used it once of twice when I was first registering, anything else I ask here lol. Think that's me decided to go with mm, spend the extra pennies I save on me!