PDA

View Full Version : Planning permission for assistant?

munch149
26-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Emailed ofsted for more info on starting process of getting and assistant and they said I may need planning permission. Why? Am completely confused and If I do how do I go about getting it?

sarah707
26-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Most people want an assistant so they can take on extra numbers of children.

And you may need planning permission from your local authority if you go over 6 children.

You need to ring them and ask.

The process normally costs around £300 + and can take a few months so you need to be organised as, if you need it, you cannot work legally until it is agreed.

It is not a given that you will be awarded planning permission - they check with your neighbours amongst other things.

I hope this clarifies :D

debratina
26-03-2011, 07:49 AM
hi sarah can you just clarify what age range is the over 6 for ?
is it over 6 under fives or over 6 under eight or over six altogether?
thanks
Debra

sarah707
26-03-2011, 08:25 AM
hi sarah can you just clarify what age range is the over 6 for ?
is it over 6 under fives or over 6 under eight or over six altogether?
thanks
Debra

It depends on where you live.

Here it is being registered by Ofsted to care for more than 6 children on the premises at any time.

When my partner registered with me we thought that maybe we would be able to take on a few extra part timers... however when we checked we were told we needed pp. So we decided to only work to my ratios...

Some areas read it as caring for more than 6 children... so that's childminded children plus your own on the premises.

It does vary so you should always check if you apply for a variation / change of numbers / assistant etc BEFORE you start working and potentially break the law and work uninsured.

Hth :D

munch149
28-03-2011, 07:58 AM
So if I have an assistant only in term time ( I don't have after schoolers) I should be able to have six under 5s then work on my own with 6 under 8 in school holidays without plannin permission. That a pain tho cos wanted assistant in school holidays too oh well this is something I suppose