PDA

View Full Version : Think I've Had The BEST COMPLIMENT EVER...

VINASOL
25-03-2011, 07:33 PM
...12yr old daugher of a friend at school (who walks home with me after school) has said that when she finishes school she would like to be....

...A REGISTERED CHILDMINDER...:clapping:

I jokingly said to her, "surely, I haven't put you off"?

But mum said, no. She's seen you with the kids, and thinks it'd be a fab job....

:laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

So, thought it was a lovely thing to say.

(when can I let her do work-experience????)

miss mopple
25-03-2011, 07:35 PM
aww, thats sweet. Think I have put my 11yr old off childcare for life :laughing:

Mouse
25-03-2011, 07:50 PM
My eldest used to say he wanted to be a childminder when he grew up because all you did was play with children all day!

My others have all said they'd never do it :laughing:

shelly2012
25-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Trila period for the summer holidays :laughing:

miffy
25-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh bless................. get her helping in the holidays! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

appleblossom
26-03-2011, 10:44 AM
...12yr old daugher of a friend at school (who walks home with me after school) has said that when she finishes school she would like to be....

...A REGISTERED CHILDMINDER...:clapping:

I jokingly said to her, "surely, I haven't put you off"?

But mum said, no. She's seen you with the kids, and thinks it'd be a fab job....

:laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

So, thought it was a lovely thing to say.

(when can I let her do work-experience????)

My son is doing work experience in a couple of weeks. He wants to go into childcare and we tried to arrange a placement with another child minder as he intends to be my assistant whilst doing a part time college course.

He was told he couldn't do it as the workplace has to have at least two other employees. The only nursery which had a placement had to pull out as they have recently had an inadequate grading from Ofsted. So no work experience in a childcare setting for him. :angry:

jane5
26-03-2011, 02:03 PM
:o My 2 grown up dds age 25 and 23 say "i'm never having kids"

Am I doing something wrong :p

loocyloo
27-03-2011, 06:22 PM
my god daughter grew up with her mum being a nanny, working in a nursery and then childminding ... god daughter is just about to finish her teacher training !!! :D