PDA

View Full Version : Still baffled

theonebeachbum
25-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I just don't seem to be able to get a straight answer from anyone on this!

When you register as a childminder is the Introduction to Childcare Practice Home based Unit 1 the recognised qualification that is required? I have this from my past registration..

But I keep reading about CYPOP5, what the heck is this?? Does it replace my current certificate?

I ask because I need a copy certificate from the ICP as I've misplaced mine, but its going to cost £36 to replace, which I don't want to pay if it isn't going to be worth anything and I've got to do whatever this CYPOP thing is..

Pleaes someone clear this up for me!

Tobb x

breezy
25-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I did ICP no idea what other one is, sorry hopefully someone more recently registered can help

JumpingJacks
25-03-2011, 07:51 PM
The CYPOP replaces the ICP for new childminders but I haven't got a clue if the current one will stand still. Ring your Early years team, I am sure they will be able to clarify things for you

theonebeachbum
25-03-2011, 08:05 PM
No thats great, most certainly does help! If you've done the ICP and not the other one then it must be ok, my concern was that the ICP wasnt a recognised qualification anymore - but you've put me at ease, thank you!

marlee1986
25-03-2011, 08:34 PM
the cypop5 i think is the diploma level 3 for homebased childcare which is optional in some regions to do for free other u have to pay 4 the course, depends on funding xx

missymood
25-03-2011, 08:55 PM
The ICP is old hat now and as a new childminder you now have to do the CYPOP thingy on-line usually.

theonebeachbum
26-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks all - I assume for those that already have the ICP that still stands and they don't have to do the other one??

sarah707
26-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks all - I assume for those that already have the ICP that still stands and they don't have to do the other one??

Old qualifications still stand (as a rule) but I would advise you to check to make sure.

Good luck! :D

JumpingJacks
26-03-2011, 08:17 AM
the cypop5 i think is the diploma level 3 for homebased childcare which is optional in some regions to do for free other u have to pay 4 the course, depends on funding xx

The CYPOP is the first unit of the new level 3 qualification, you can then use the points from it towards the complete level 3 if you choose to it x