PDA

View Full Version : Scam

JumpingJacks
25-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi all, Just wanted to advise of a Scam someone tried to collar me with today,

I recieved a phonecall from a guy with a Birmingham accent saying he was from the Police and Fire Service Magazine and was asking all new businesses in the area if they would like the opportunity to advertise and sponser a cause that promotes anti bullying in local schools, anyway I told him I had never heard of the magazine and that he would give me a website I would have a look at the details when I was back home. (Didn't really intend to but just say it to all cold callers to get rid of them!)

Anyway he went on to sayig I has been personally recommended by the government site and Local childcare advisors??!! He wanted to offer me the opportunity to have a full page ad in his magazine for just £95 for the whole year, I would be the only childminder in the whole magazine and over 60,000 households in the area would see me recommended by the police and fire service (YAWN)

Needless to say I wouldn't by anything over the phone like this and again asked him for website details, he muttered something about posting it to me and hung up.

Just wanted to warn all childminders, especially new ones as it sounds very tempting but is just another scam!!! Have googled it and lots of results pop up warniung of the scam, so let's keep our wits about us everyone

Jackie xx

jane5
25-03-2011, 06:48 PM
oh thanks for the warning, I have had about 4 calls from these people and I couldn't afford it.

I didn't realise it was a scam:eek:

JumpingJacks
25-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Apparently it's been doing the rounds across the country, when you google it it brings up so much past history it's unreal.

Good job I had my sensible head on today! :) x

miffy
25-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I haven't heard of this one before.

Thanks for the warning

Miffy xx

flowerpots
25-03-2011, 08:56 PM
thank you, ive had these calls too, i alwys say im not interested and they hang up on me! :eek:

Didnt realise it was a scam. :idea:

angeldelight
25-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I have had these calls but not for a few years now

Did not realise they were still going

So annoying

Thanks for the warning

Angel xx