PDA

View Full Version : Not enough nappies

Adiamond
25-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I have a mindee who is nearly 17 months old, he is with me for 9 hours a day 3x a week, last week I noticed he had 2 normal nappies and 2 pull ups in his bag luckily we only needed to use the nappies so I sent the pull ups back home in his bag.

He has come today with 1 nappy and 2 pull ups now I don't know about anyone else but pull ups are a nightmare especially after a number 2(lo does at least 2 of these for me a day) and he is only 17 months old he doesn't need pull ups!!!
I have used the 1 nappy and he has now had to "borrow" one of my spare ones and I am sure he will be borrowing a couple more before the days out :rolleyes:

I don't need to buy nappies for my children anymore I just keep a couple of spares in the cupboard from when my nephews came to stay.

Has anyone had this before? I think she will be getting a little note tonight :rolleyes: x

wendywu
25-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I refuse to use pull ups unless they are potty training. Other wise they leak every where, not nice :panic:

Pipsqueak
25-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Why are pullups a problem after a number 2? They just pull apart at the sides - same principal as a nappy. they just might not contain the contents as well.

BuggsieMoo
25-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Have you asked why LO is sent with pull ups?

Just wondering as my LO when she was 18 months started to potty train but due to ill health took a backward step in it. But at 18 months she was in pull ups.

Why dont you ask if they can buy you a packet of nappies to keep at your house and then advise when supplies are getting low?

Lisa x

nic t
25-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't like pull-ups, they seem to hold very little wee but then they are not designed to I suppose!

I would use the 2 pull-ups and go to your reserves then if you have too and also explain to parents that they need to put more nappies in.

I think some parents think they we do a roaring trade in selling nappies on or something. Some just don't get that if they aren't used they will just get them back so put more in than we will probably need. Who knows when they are going to start with the runs? I once had to changed LOs nappy 4 times in one hour from the trots whilst waiting for mum to arrive

Mouse
25-03-2011, 03:08 PM
My parents all supply packets of nappies. When they're running out I put a note in their book to say they need more.

I would suggest to mum that she sends a whole pack, or just point out that you need more than 1 or 2 in the bag. If she doesn't put enough in, you'll have to charge her for any that you have to buy.
If that doesn't work, take lo's nappy off when parents arrive & hand him over without one one. Say "sorry, you didn't put enough nappies in his bag, so you'll have to take him home without one on"!

Mollymop
25-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Just speak to the parents and ask them to provide more nappies as there isn't enough to last the day.:) And say that you can't use pull ups as they are not suitable for him/her when they are playing because they leak

levason
25-03-2011, 05:10 PM
my little boy has pull ups, he's not potty trained yet and had them from about 1 and a half, reason being was his normal nappies were leaking plus I found it a lot easier on my back that he could just step in and out of them and we've not had any problems, if he does do a poo he lies down on the mat and we just rip them at the sides, simples!!

Louise317
25-03-2011, 05:27 PM
When my son went CM I provided her with a pack and she'd tell me when running out... and thats what i'll do when up and running.

I think pull ups are fine if training, but I wouldn't use them if not.

Just speak to parents and say you need either more a day or a packet left with you.

(Asda - do little angels nappies 42pk 2 packs for £10!)

:)

snufflepuff
25-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I find pull ups a pain with number 2's because when pulling LOs trousers down, the pulls ups come down a bit too, speading poo everywhere! Lovely! I also find that when they get wet they slip to one side so the edge of it is basically going up LOs bottom!

babs
25-03-2011, 06:57 PM
id be stuffed i dont buy nappies not even for spare if i ran out id be ringing parents asking them to come and drop more off... my parents all fill bag beginning of week and when its running low refill ..... one lo i have will do about 4 poo's in a day so 2 wouldnt last me ... id ask for more tbh ....

JumpingJacks
25-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I've got it written into my policies that parents are to provide their own nappies, when I start to run low I will give notice of needing more within the next 48 hours, if none are provided in that time frame then I will buy what the LO normally wears (if poss) and charge the parents on the bill for the packet. It's not practicle to risk running out with toddler and explained why in my policy. x

catswhiskers
25-03-2011, 07:57 PM
The reason I hate pull-ups is that you have to really tear them at the sides to get them off and if it's a messy poo .....

Also to get another on you have to take tights, skirt, trousers off too.

I know some pull-ups have velcro sides now but some still don't.

babs
25-03-2011, 08:01 PM
The reason I hate pull-ups is that you have to really tear them at the sides to get them off and if it's a messy poo .....

Also to get another on you have to take tights, skirt, trousers off too.
I know some pull-ups have velcro sides now but some still don't.

i have to do this anyway cant change with them on id get poo everywhere :laughing: :eek:

keatingschick
25-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't like pull-ups at all.
I think they are confusing, they are still like nappies and so children just get used to using them as nappies in my opinion.
Also when changing a nappy, I pull down pants/tights etc and change the nappy with these around the ankles and shoes etc still intact, with pull-ups you have to sort of undress and thenput everything back on, not good when you have a child who will lie down for the MINIMUM time possible during nappy changes, and attempts somersaults while you are doing it!!
Also I was once on a school run, got out of my car to get the tot out, realised she had done a poo, got my kit out, lay her down on the back seat of the car and forgot she had pull-up on that mum had started sending instead of nappies, just pulled her tights down at the back, pull up came with it (was they are more flexible than nappies), poo all over the backseat of my car!! I was struggling to clean her up and try and minimise spillage, then had to get the car cleaned up as I was collecting a car full!!!!!
Drove home with the schoolies heads hanging out of the window:laughing: