PDA

View Full Version : Sorry another bank holiday question

Adiamond
25-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Morning, I currently have a term time only mindee mon-fri mornings, I charge them 1/2 fee for school hols, when I took this on mum wanted to pay me the same every week so I added term time and hols up then divided by 52 weeks to give us a weekly amount, seems to work perfectly :thumbsup:

Mum works in a school and yesterday I wrote on lo's book asking when lo will be with me around Easter/ bank holidays. I don't say I will work bank holidays but if they request I do it is triple time(never worked one yet), mum has written her dates in lo's book and then asked me if I still charge for bank holidays or is it free because lo isn't here like a creche is???????????????

This is where I am rubbish, how do I explain that it is still full fee even though he isn't here???? x

onceinabluemoon
25-03-2011, 08:15 AM
This should already be in your contracts so I would look at those for guidance.

Personally I charge single time if I am open and willing to work, but not used, and double time if I am actually required to work. I cannot imagine a parents face if I said I was going to charge them triple time, they'd have heart failure! :laughing:

I explain it as bank holidays have a premium fee just as working bank hols usually has a premium payment at work, however as I don't see it fair to have a double fee if the child is not using the space I only charge normal rate.

snufflepuff
25-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I charge even if a child is not attending, so i'd just say that bank holidays are treated like any other day in that the space is there and must be paid for- if they chose not to use it that's up to them BUT as it's a bank holiday a higher rate applies should they need you.

kel1983
25-03-2011, 08:27 AM
I dont charge for bank holidays unless i'm needed. I look forward to having these days off to spend with my family and friends and would feel guilty charging for them.

Adiamond
25-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi, yes this is all already in the contracts, I have written on the line where it says for available statutory public holidays, what rate will be charged current hourly fee x3 by prior arrangement (NCMA contract)

I have just thought though, she never asked this question over the christmas bank hols :rolleyes:

So i need to leave her a note in lo's book saying that it is normal fee for bank holidays unless you bring lo and then it is fee x 3!!
Need that to sound better though!!! x

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I do mine the same as you and I have only been questioned once.

Just say "yes I do charge bank holidays and of course I am willing to work them if required".

Going forward I wouldn't mention whether you are required or not

Adiamond
25-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you, I have sent a note home in lo's book, I just put that bank hols are charged at normal rate unless I am required to work then in is triple time :thumbsup: we will see if anything is mentioned on Monday :rolleyes: x