PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED! CYPOP5 TASK 9

itsmummytoyou
24-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I am sooo lost!

I need to complete task 9 "Describe typical behaviors exhibited by children linked to their stage of development and key events in their lives"

The trouble is...I don't know where to start! Does "behaviors" cover things like crying in a newborn and learning to roll for a 4-6mth old, or are these not "behaviors",...more skills/actions?

thank you so much in advance!

Pipsqueak
25-03-2011, 07:26 AM
what a vague and ambiguous question

i would be tempted to do a table/grid

age/stage behaviour

there is no 'typical' behaviour' though - each child is individual and will display different behaviours

not sure what they want you to say -sorry

itsmummytoyou
25-03-2011, 05:24 PM
it is vague isn't it!

i think i cracked it now, but it may be a bit of a bodge job, but my tutor says i am going on the right lines with it. :laughing:

The Juggler
25-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi hon, this is the reply I posted to muckypups last week on this question. However, sounds like you've got it sorted now anyway. :thumbsup:
================================================== =====

i would take it from the transitional stages and then look at each behaviour linked to that stage.

So, say you were looking at a baby starting to crawl or move, the feelings as they explore alone

Or a baby settling into childcare, how attachment to their mum, separation anxiety might manifest itself as behaviour

How illness, lack of sleep might affect behaviour?

Does that help? Is there any more guidance on structure of the essay? Sometimes if you look at the learning objectives this gives you more of an idea of how to set it out.:)

homeeducator
31-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I just cant seem to get motivated :(
How long does it normally take to do the whole course?? I have task one and two presently on 3 but when i read what i have to do for the other tasks i seem to go into shut down. Am i making it harder than it really is??

JumpingJacks
31-03-2011, 08:26 AM
How long does it normally take to do the whole course?? I have task one and two presently on 3 but when i read what i have to do for the other tasks i seem to go into shut down. Am i making it harder than it really is??

I found the best way is to not even look at the other questions, take 1 at a time and split it down into mini questions. Hope that helps x

rebecca4573
21-04-2011, 11:24 PM
I've got two more assignments to do and have to agree I have found it best to deal with the assignments in order, one by one. I've not read the next task before completing the one before!

kas14
08-04-2012, 09:41 AM

in 10 months i have completed my level 2 and am half way through my level 3 but then i am really enjoying it, at the moment i am working on one whole assignment a week x

Langaleah
06-12-2012, 10:39 PM
iv gone blank...
im doing the template they provided. (im doing the ncma cypop5 course online) and im just stcuk, cant find any info on it at all, also wondering if they want 'good' and 'bad' behaviour.
can i ask what you all did please.