PDA

View Full Version : How do you organise your paperwork?

Tinglesnark
24-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I've got SO much paperwork and no idea how to file properly an effectively so I'd really appreciate your hints and tips
thanks xxx

Pipsqueak
25-03-2011, 07:23 AM
in a cupboard out of sight?

All personal stuff goes in each childs individual folder
I have a planning folder
I have a portfolio where I keep my policies, audits, RA's, refernences
Scrap book of photos and mementos

Thats it

TheBTeam
25-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Most of it in about 5 of the NCMA purple toolkits. One with back up literature on varying subjects, one with current child slip wallets with contracts/med/pols in and blank contracts, meds book, child record forms etc. third with past child paperwork, fourth with EYFS folders with plans, copies of the potential learning sheets for some activities/routines and bits from the EYFS pack, and my portfolio which has all certificates, policies, pictures, crb and insurance certs in etc.

Fifth cant remember now of the top of my head, arr, i know the blooming learning journeys and next steps stuff, and stationery for them all in one place!

Most are kept upstairs in a cupboard, except for the learning journey one with the latest plans in which is kept more to hand, but out of sight!

miffy
25-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I've got SO much paperwork and no idea how to file properly an effectively so I'd really appreciate your hints and tips
thanks xxx

Have a regular clear out and chuck away what you don't use.

That's what I'm doing atm - it's really therapeutic! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Andrea08
25-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I have a shelf or 3 in the play room full of A4 files...

risk assesments
Ofsted SEF in hard copies and sarah's e-books
Long term planns ie continual provisions etc
Medium term plans
Activity sheets
Policy file
parent info file
medical file
parents questionnairs
x4 seasional planning files
files full of **** from training etc
certificate file
and then ... a file for each child

dont think ive missed anything then i ahve a filing full of paperwork and a to-do pile hehehe

A4 files keep everything in its place so when mrs O. calls you can put all files on table and tell her to help herself :p

good luck

sarah707
25-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I have my daily files - diary, paperwork, things I am doing now next to me with my in tray.

I have a shelf for risk assessments, portfolio, accounts, personal development etc.

The next shelf has courses / training I have attended, my kitchen hygiene file, audits of areas of provision, Eyfs frameworks and outside play improvements with photos ready for my inspection.

The shelf above has all my planning files - A - Z of activity ideas and Jan - Dec of themed stuff.

Then I have other files of planning ideas for PSR&N, CLL, music etc taken from my e-books... plus all the free information you pick up over the years for festivals and celebrations.

The children's LJs are in big lever arch files all together on top of a cupboard.

Children's private stuff is in a cupboard locked away.

I have just had a major clear out and it is all nicely organised so I can actually find things - very cleansing! :D

Tinglesnark
25-03-2011, 09:35 AM
ive got the link but am looking at the website and panic has set in....
what do i do first?
i havent earned much at all since i registered...i have got all invoices but not all receipts as i just marked the invoices "paid" and didnt provide receipts...is that going to cause me problems? half of the money i took was cash although i have got receipts for the cash transactions...i think....

oooer help!

TheBTeam
25-03-2011, 02:30 PM
what do i do first?
i havent earned much at all since i registered...i have got all invoices but not all receipts as i just marked the invoices "paid" and didnt provide receipts...is that going to cause me problems? half of the money i took was cash although i have got receipts for the cash transactions...i think....

oooer help!

I dont issue receipts at all, parents just lost them and so i just get accounts book signed everynow and again. I dont do invoices unless it is for a debt or for a completely different amount to normally owed etc. I use a numbered self duplicating book for this and then just mark paid when they do.

If it is a normal week owed i dont do anything!

Tinglesnark
25-03-2011, 02:40 PM
ooops i replied to the wrong thread i think??

thanks ladies, that is really helpful! i have hardly any planning - im really rubbish at it!

Susana0600
25-03-2011, 07:19 PM
what do i do first?

oooer help!

Up to £10 you don't need to show receipts :)