PDA

View Full Version : My first ever post :-)

Gromitsgal
24-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone! Im Kel, 31 From Warwickshire! Ive been Childminding for a month now ... but started the whole journey in August. First off i want to say thanks to you all because youve all been a great help to me over the last few months ... without you even realising it lol

Anyway i have a question ... this morning i took my little mindee and my daughter to a friends house for a play in the garden .. we all had a lovely time! But its just been mentioned to me that this probably wasnt allowed as she isnt a fellow CM. Whats the rules please? Thanks in advance .. Kel xx

Chimps Childminding
24-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!!! As long as your mindee wasn't left alone with your friend there is no reason not to visit!! I have taken my mindees to my parents, friends etc in the past!

Gromitsgal
24-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Ah thats brilliant Carolyn thank you! I started to panic when they said it wasnt allowed as thats the 2nd time ive done it this month. Thanks for answering so quickly :-) xx

MaryMary
24-03-2011, 09:48 PM
As long as you risk assess each outing, this is fine (I think we all do this on auto pilot, you just need to write it down aswell :)) and like Carolyn says, don't leave minded children with your friends (just to cover your back - no offence meant to your friend :D )

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Penny1959
24-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I am agreeing with others - don't leave alone with friend, risk access but also tell parents where going.

I have a permisson form that states all the places I visit - including friends and family members - that way parents have agrreed in writing.

Penny :)

JCrakers
25-03-2011, 09:45 AM
welcome :D

Like the others said just make sure you risk assess and all should be fine.
Becky x

JumpingJacks
25-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Same as above, risk assess and don't leave them alone and it will be fine, it's no different than taking them to a soft play :)

Where abouts in Warwickshire are you from?

Jackie x

babs
25-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum . i visit my friends who have lo's and they come here like everyones already said RA and dont leave alone get permissions ...

mufftie
25-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi where abouts in Warwickshire are you I'm not far as I'm from redditch

Gromitsgal
25-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks everyone one for your replies :-) I live just off J12 of the M40 ... right in between Banbury and Leamington xx

JumpingJacks
26-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm in Leamington so may see you on some courses this year if you do any :) x

Gromitsgal
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey Jumping Jacks! When did you train? I trained last year, we might of been on the course together lol xx

JumpingJacks
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Did my First aid at Sydenham in September and Cypop in October x

Jackie

keeks
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi and welcome,

I have been minding since mid January. I was actually wondering the same thing so it was helpful to read your post, thanks.:D

xx