PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted and their medical advisers ?????

the_nanny_uk2
24-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Ofsted sent a letter and a form for me to sign today, requesting that their medical advisers can access my GP medical records and ask my GP to answer further questions about my health.!!!

Now I thought thats what she had already done by writing in my health forms for which I got charged!

They are querying whether I am fit to look after children as I have had a disc taken out of my lower spine and 2 rods put in to fuse it. This happened 4yrs ago and I'm fine now apart from som minor sciatic nerve damage to left foot.

The back ground to this :- 12yrs ago I applied to social services to become a childminder and they said I was unfit to lok after someone elses child as I had a dodgy back (pre-op). My retaliation was "well if I'm unfit to look after another child for just 3days per week, then I must be unfit to look after my own children 24/7!" Oh no they said we're not saying that at all - errr well yes you are actually.

Now 3 back ops later and 3children!!! they are querying my ability to look after them. Surely thats up to me whether I am fit enough to be able to take on more work for myself.

Will be very interesting to see what happens now - especially as WE are supposed to be all for inclusion!! Errrr hellooo - disability dicrimination act!!!

Sorry rant over, its just got me very annoyed. Has anyone else had any dealings with this??

Jo xx

wellybelly
24-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I had this a few years back. It's rather a pathetic process but it's in place so nothing comes back on them basically. It's quite a long process of letters but they'll soon sort it. Don't worry too much x

JumpingJacks
24-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I had this too through my application process, it's just so they can ask more in depth questions re your nedical history. If they are satisfied (with me they were) then they will leave it at that, if not then you will have an appointment with an independant medical assessor(can't think of formal title),Try not to worry I am sure you will be fine.

It's always disheartening when Ofsted or other such people question your abilities as a cm so chin up and prove them all wrong xx

the_nanny_uk2
24-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanx wellybelly

Just scared they are going to say the same as last time.

I 'get' that they are safeguarding themselves but why get me to pay for a health report to be done if they are still going to ask her the same things again? daft

I will now play the waiting game and send my CRB's off in meantime, ho hum

Jo xx