PDA

View Full Version : So I had my EYPS setting visit today.....

venus89
24-03-2011, 04:54 PM
.... and......

What a bloomin' disaster! I think I can put money on me not achieving EYPS but to be honest I am so relieved it's over, it's been a valuable experience but it has taken so much time that I just don't have these days.... Of course if I did get it I'd be overjoyed but after today I think I know the result, though we aren't going to find out officially until summer.

I decided to hold it at the Children's Centre where I work two days a week. The manager was on holiday so said I could use her room but hadn't told me that there was an electrician coming to put in some sockets. We figured we could just about get around it by swapping the woman around once the midwife had finished in the family room but the midwife, who'd booked in for an hour, took three hours! So I said let her finish the bit she's on now then move her but other staff decided to move her half way through what she was doing, to the school's out of school club, then she had to move back again after the first witness interview because the OOSC needed the space back, by which time the midwife had finally gone so she ended up in a third room as the electrician was still there.....

Then she didn't realise that one of my witnesses was a phone one - partly my mistake, I accept, as I didn't say that but what I had done is say that the witness coming to the Centre was coming to the Centre and then with the one she was phoning I had given phone numbers and not said she was coming to the Centre, IYSWIM, so I just assumed she'd realise..... So my key witness who should have been a 30 minute interview got about 10 minutes. And then I realised I'd only given the poor woman 10 minutes for lunch instead of 30 :blush: So by the time I got to my second interview then I was all knotted up and probably spouted a complete load of tosh instead of answering the questions at all.....

As one of the children I look after would say, 'oh bumpers'....

The Juggler
24-03-2011, 06:06 PM
oh hon, sounds like a tough day. Another friend of mine's having her visit today and another one had theirs on Monday. Listen, despite the mix ups, they might play to your advantage, how you handled yourself in trying to sort them will probably count towards your professionalism so don't worry.

And, in any case there were several people on the first prep day I did who were redoing EYPS, they just attended the prep days again and had the final visit - BUT I am sure you will NOT need that.:thumbsup:

mama2three
24-03-2011, 06:09 PM
oh bumpers indeed!
But Im sure you impressed them with how you dealt with the mayhem , and your answers would have been spot on as you go into autopilot and you really know your stuff.
I bet youre glad today is over though and Im sure its wine o clock!

sarah707
24-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I am sure there were lots of positives and you've done great!

Sending hugs! xx

venus89
24-03-2011, 06:35 PM
oh bumpers indeed!
But Im sure you impressed them with how you dealt with the mayhem , and your answers would have been spot on as you go into autopilot and you really know your stuff.
I bet youre glad today is over though and Im sure its wine o clock!

It is indeed wine o clock!

The trouble is nobody gave me the chance to sort it out - they all kept bargin into the room, with the best of intentions, to tell the lady to move here or there and never thought that I might want to be - or ought to be - the person who should go and sort the problem out. The Centre is wonderful in that everyone pitches in and helps each other out but the downside of that is too many cooks....

Ah well, over now