PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing enough for 8mo baby

acorns
24-03-2011, 01:52 PM
i have a little 8mo baby for fairly short days, 3 dpw, a lot of the time it's 10:00 - 3:00 of which he sleeps about 2.5 hrs and what with snacks, lunch nappy changing, pres school run & playgroups I don't seem to have very much time for any planned activities. I have done my starting points and ongoing obs and have planned from these but I have 3 activities that have been in my book for 3 weeks that we haven't yet done and am feeling pressured to 'fit it all in'. We do all the normal things, singing, music stories etc and I get out toys that are favourites whenever he's here as well as introducing new ones so there is a lot of short term (simple daily planning) going on that is mostly in head, but not a lot of the written down planning being actioned. Am i going wrong or is this the way it should be in our circumstances? Thanks

Ripeberry
24-03-2011, 03:58 PM
First of all...RELAX! Babies do not need planning as such. You just go with the flow of his/her needs. Going out to groups, playing together, eating, napping.
This is all meeting needs.
Just observe and enjoy! :)

grindal
24-03-2011, 05:04 PM
To be honest this is still what I am doing with my two who both started at 9 months, but are now 20 and 16 months. We do a school and playgroup run in the morning, a lunch time playgroup collection, a school run in the afternoon and in between this they have meals, snacks and sleeps! In the course of a week we also manage to get to toddler groups, the library, the park, the garden and play with toys in the house!

As for structured, organised activities - I do not really do any. Although we are gonna make a mothers day key ring next week.