PDA

View Full Version : Cant decide....decisions decisions

JCrakers
24-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Ive just had a call for before/afterschool care for 2 children 9 and 11yrs. Mum does shift work so it will be as and when which will be fine as both over 8.
Obviously wont count in my numbers as both over 8.

I am really hoping to fill my daytime space but keep getting after sch enquiries. If i manage to fill my daytime space with an under5 I will have one extra than listed below.

But at the moment on the school run I have:
Mon: 2yrs,3yrs,5yrs and 7yrs
Tue: 2yrs,5yrs,7yrs,7yr,8yrs
Wed: 2yrs,3yrs,5yrs,7yrs,8yrs,8yrs
Thur: 2yrs,3yrs,5yrs,7yrs,7yrs
I also have my daughter who is 9yrs but quite self sufficient

So I'm in two minds whether or not an extra 2 will be too many especially on a wednesday which is my busiest day. So if I do manage to fill my day space on a wednesday I wil have 9/10 children to walk up the hill with....:laughing:

5 of them will be over 8's (1 being my daughter) and its a 10min walk on a non busy street.
I would be a little crazy if I said yes wouldnt I?

Becky x

Mouse
24-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Once you're used to it, it's not all that many! It's never the walk home that bothers me, it's finding space to fit them all in when we get to the house!

Andrea08
24-03-2011, 04:27 PM
hi hun check your cerfificate and insurance you are limited to how many ova 8's you can have, i can have 6 children over 8 and six under, ok

but i think it depends on how well behaved they are and will they hold hands in 2's to walk for you?

good luck

JCrakers
25-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks...hadnt thought about my insurance :eek:

I have checked and can have up to 10 children in the house...(Morton Michel)

I'm still thinking about it at the moment

I think whats really putting me off is the amount of people who come up to me and say 'how many have you got today?' and then go on to say ':eek: don't know how you do it, I couldnt do it, how to you look after that many?'

Just feel like saying 'Butt out!!!...this is my job, if I couldnt do it then I wouldnt..I dont ask you how you manage to work in an office do I' :angry: :D

Becky x

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks...hadnt thought about my insurance :eek:

I have checked and can have up to 10 children in the house...(Morton Michel)

I'm still thinking about it at the moment

I think whats really putting me off is the amount of people who come up to me and say 'how many have you got today?' and then go on to say ':eek: don't know how you do it, I couldnt do it, how to you look after that many?'

Just feel like saying 'Butt out!!!...this is my job, if I couldnt do it then I wouldnt..I dont ask you how you manage to work in an office do I' :angry: :D

Becky x

I spoke to MM and NCMA yesterday and was told that our max numbers are 12. Might be worth ringing again

Ali56
25-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Will the 11yr old still come in sept when they go to secondary school? if not then that would only be short term anyway. I base my afterschools round the dinner table! I can fit 8 round it so that is my limit!! One day I have 9 but one of them is only 2 and sits in a highchair at the moment!
I think you should go with what you think you can manage in the space you have at home. :)
I tell all the the people who go 'how many?:eek: ' that its a job I love and the kids love it, so its all good! :laughing: Normally they reply with 'well I couldn't do it!' no reply for that really ;)