PDA

View Full Version : where do you play ball games?

newandlearning
24-03-2011, 01:12 PM
hi all.. you know I'm always losing balls.. three in thepast week have gone over neighbours fences and I'm getting the idea they all find it rather annoying.. so yesterday we went to the park with the ball instead .. and yet still my 3 yo managed to run right up to the edge of the park .. kick the ball over a low ball and nearly landed in dog poo...:eek: ..

is there a lesson to be learnt.. dunno.. but I'm thinking of banning footballs outside so as not to have to keep saying.. sorry can we have our ball back as this doesn't seem to be a good way of winning friends or influencing people..

what do you all do? and what outside things do you have in your garden?:)

miffy
24-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I do let mine play football in the garden but if the ball goes over next door then they have to wait until the neighbours return it, I don't let them go round and ask. Seems to help a bit but not always! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Vickster
24-03-2011, 02:13 PM
We have balls and very understanding neighbours, but we don't ask for them back, just wait for them to be returned.

WibbleWobble
24-03-2011, 02:16 PM
in bed!:blush:

sarah707
24-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I have always had a garden full of boys what with ds and his friends plus the mindees. Luckily we have good neighbours :D

Alibali
24-03-2011, 07:18 PM
One of my neighbours used to make remarks about the ball going into her driveway on a regular basis, she never had any children. Now she has an adorable little one of her own, who in turn has a lovely childminder:D Don't think she'll complain any more:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
24-03-2011, 08:05 PM
My neighbours get rather annoyed and now the older kids are banned from playing footie in the garden. they have to go to the field out back.

nicoleon
24-03-2011, 08:22 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
24-03-2011, 08:24 PM
thankyou Nicoleon!

glad you have a naughty mind too...the others were just ignoring me. I could see them rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. I like to bring down the tone every so often Its my raison d'etre!

tee hee

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

mandy x

Pipsqueak
24-03-2011, 08:34 PM

:laughing: :laughing: bad girl BAD girl:laughing:

newandlearning
25-03-2011, 10:16 AM

I smiled too re your remard hun.. and was slightly envious that the only balls
I currently see are in my garden :laughing: :laughing:

kindredspirits
25-03-2011, 10:22 AM

thats a bit boring ;)

babs
25-03-2011, 10:26 AM
mine play with them in garden if they go over fence i wait for them to be thrown back my way as neighbours out at work when I'm at home working so no chance of knocking on... as for lowering the tone as well as in bed i can think of a few other places ive played with balls....:blush: :blush: ( blame parsley she started it )

nicoleon
25-03-2011, 12:57 PM
this thread really reminds me of when i first came to england and had a real ' lost in translation' conversation with the people i was nannying for. they asked me about sports like basketball etc. and i was trying to say that i'm not very good at catching so just get hit by the ball. thinking of an incident in school where i got hit on the mouth i actually said 'i'm very good at catching balls with my lips' :eek: :eek: they looked a bit shocked :laughing:

WibbleWobble
25-03-2011, 02:03 PM
this thread really reminds me of when i first came to england and had a real ' lost in translation' conversation with the people i was nannying for. they asked me about sports like basketball etc. and i was trying to say that i'm not very good at catching so just get hit by the ball. thinking of an incident in school where i got hit on the mouth i actually said 'i'm very good at catching balls with my lips' :eek: :eek: they looked a bit shocked :laughing:

ha ha ha !

i have a habit of saying something that may be "lost in translation" other wise known as a Double entendre!

My little lads love "their balls" and it makes mums and dads titter when i talk about playing with balls. On LO had a thing for the label on the rear of a soft toy. I told his dad " oh hes been tired, but he has been happy to sit on my knee and play with iggle piggles bottom".....now that made dad laugh! and over a year has gone by and dad still talks about iggle piggles bottom!

mandy x

mushpea
25-03-2011, 05:56 PM
mine play in the garden and if they loose them then thats it,, but then I am getting like that with all my toys at the moment ,, if they break them or loose them then i wont replace them, its mainly the older ones that dont have respect for the toys and I have told them that I wont replace what they break so eventually they wont have any toys to play with,