PDA

View Full Version : Should have gone with gut instinct

caz3007
24-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I agreed to have a LO for 3 hours today so mum could get her hair done. When they turned up mum said he had a funny nappy at 5am, he did yesterday, but not the runs, just undigested veggies. I said ok would take him, but he hasnt eaten and was crying, popped him into bed and think he may go to sleep. Roll on 3pm when I meet mum at school.

No point in ringing her now as she will be having her highlights done, and dad doesnt drive and her other emergency contact is in hospital. Now why didnt I listen to my gut instinct to say no

Andrea08
24-03-2011, 04:48 PM
its one of the hardest words to say hun x

caz3007
24-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Day started off well, but then got worse and worse.

Loaded both small mindies into buggy, got their bags, and shut front door remembering keys in lock on inside. That meant when hubby came to rescue me, he couldnt unlock door cos keys were in the lock. My kids and various mindies all had a quick lesson in housebreaking but we couldnt get in. So sent hubby to McD's for tea and had a line of children sitting on the doorstep eating when the locksmith turned up. It took him longer to get his tool out than it did to unlock the door and almost £100 later, including the mcD's I am pretty fed up. Hubby wont let it drop either :panic:

suzyblue
24-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh dear!!!:eek:
Sounds like an awful day but at least you wont be doing that again. I left my keys in the door once and had to get one of the children to climb through a window and open the door - I told them it was a lesson on how easy it is to get into a house and that all windows should be locked when you go out!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you :thumbsup:

angeldelight
24-03-2011, 06:25 PM
What a day

Hope you get a relaxing evening and tomorrow is better

Angel xx

caz3007
24-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I always shut my windows, wish had left bathroom one open, cos hubby could have passed a child through and they could have opened front door, but hey ho, whats done is done and the kids all thought it was a bit of an adventure :laughing:

sarah707
24-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I bet the children enjoyed their MacDonald's even if you didn't enjoy the bill!

Now for the risk assessment.... and how will you avoid that happening again? :p :D

caz3007
24-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I bet the children enjoyed their MacDonald's even if you didn't enjoy the bill!

Now for the risk assessment.... and how will you avoid that happening again? :p :D

Believe me Sarah, hubby has already told me what to do :laughing: :laughing:

Was a bit stressed today as one LO was ill and other was tired and crying at pick up time, but its taken a huge chunk of my earnings for this month, so wont be doing it again :D

Alibali
24-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Relax with a nice wee glass of wine tonight:thumbsup:

MaryMary
24-03-2011, 10:06 PM
We left our keys in the lock once - many years ago - on Christmas Day!! :eek: That was a long day.... :laughing: