PDA

View Full Version : I need some inspiration for my garden

sarah32
24-03-2011, 12:20 PM
I started tidying up my garden at the weekend and had to throw away the water table as broke in the ice and snow when moved. Ive thrown lots of old garden toys out that were wearing and now my garden looks bare.

My garden is really small, its like a triangle shape with a patio area that the children use ride on cars on and theres a playhouse to one side, then grass area which has a sandpit built by my hubbie and a slide.

One of my parents thankfully gave me their water table as its a favourite int he garden.

I really dont know what to do, i would like to get some old tyres as they have some at nursery and the children climb in and out of them but thats all i can think off.

Im thinking of getting some garden games like darts and dominoes when i pop into town. I need some inexpensive ideas though? any ideas please:)

blue bear
24-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I am going to watch this thread with interest as I too need some inspiration, we have ribbons to thread through fence and netting, we have a bread basket lined with a quilt for story/ quiet times, we have stones, bark, soil, sans, shells and a wheelbarrow. Buckets with water in and paintbrushes, chalk board and various toys like play figures and duplo in the wooden playhouse as well as ride ons slide and see saw

sandy64
24-03-2011, 12:52 PM
tesco have some reasonable and elc have fun outdoor games 3 for 2 im trying to sort my garden out need to buy lots of windmills and colourful things:)

Flisspaps
24-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Poundland had lots of outdoor equipment in last week - cricket sets/rounders bats and soft balls.

nicoleon
24-03-2011, 01:25 PM
i bought a 3 compartment water table for a 5er at a carboot the other week. it's fab and i use it next to the other water table but i put different things in it every week. for example yesterday we went to collect pine cones which are going in it next week along with dry pasta and something else i haven't decided on yet ;)

pots and pans hanging of the fence are great for a bit of drumming with sticks or wooden spoons (if the neighbours wont object)