PDA

View Full Version : DH as assistant so can care for own children!

muffins
24-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I have 2 young children (11mths & 2yrs) so am only registered to care for 1 in early years group, fair enough, I've been a childminder long enough to know this. I have also known for some time that even if my DH is caring for my kids I still can't have more minded children in this group, not fair cos if I was working in nursery I wouldn't have my kids & they wouldn't be taken out of the numbers there, whats the difference!:rolleyes:

HOWEVER I've had the brainwave:idea: of if I register him as my assisant I can up my numbers, I'll take the lead in care for the minded & him for our own.

SO it all boils down to he has to be registered as my assistant to look after his own kids! The world has gone mad.

So what would you think would need to be in place for me to be able to leave them alone with them:laughing: Am thinking ofsted would want him to have a first aid cert:rolleyes:

The whole thing just seems very odd to me, but if it works then I'll do it:D

Hebs
24-03-2011, 10:04 AM
doubt he'd need a first aid

why not ask ofsted?

nokidshere
24-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I have 2 young children (11mths & 2yrs) so am only registered to care for 1 in early years group, fair enough, I've been a childminder long enough to know this. I have also known for some time that even if my DH is caring for my kids I still can't have more minded children in this group, not fair cos if I was working in nursery I wouldn't have my kids & they wouldn't be taken out of the numbers there, whats the difference!:rolleyes:

HOWEVER I've had the brainwave:idea: of if I register him as my assisant I can up my numbers, I'll take the lead in care for the minded & him for our own.

SO it all boils down to he has to be registered as my assistant to look after his own kids! The world has gone mad.

So what would you think would need to be in place for me to be able to leave them alone with them:laughing: Am thinking ofsted would want him to have a first aid cert:rolleyes:

The whole thing just seems very odd to me, but if it works then I'll do it:D

If you are not caring for your own two children then I can't see how anyone can "make" you register your hubby as an assistant? As a childminder I can have friends round with their children and, as long as an adult is with them, they don't have to be included in my numbers?

As long as you have some cover in place for your hubby should he not be able to look after his own children then I cannot for the life of me see a problem?

Mouse
24-03-2011, 12:01 PM
If you are not caring for your own two children then I can't see how anyone can "make" you register your hubby as an assistant? As a childminder I can have friends round with their children and, as long as an adult is with them, they don't have to be included in my numbers?

As long as you have some cover in place for your hubby should he not be able to look after his own children then I cannot for the life of me see a problem?

I think the OP is saying that as she has 2 children in the EYFS age range, her certficate only registers her for 1. Even if her husband was there and responsible for their children, or if he took their children out, her certificate will still only say she can have 1 child.
If she wants to increase her numbers, the only way she can think to do it is to register her husband as an assistant and try to get her numbers increased that way.

The only problem I could see with that is that her husband would have to be there whenever she had more than one mindee as her certificate will say she can only increase her numbers when working with an assistant. She still wouldn't be allowed 3 EYFS children by herself, even if her husband took the children out.

muffins
24-03-2011, 12:09 PM
The only problem I could see with that is that her husband would have to be there whenever she had more than one mindee as her certificate will say she can only increase her numbers when working with an assistant. She still wouldn't be allowed 3 EYFS children by herself, even if her husband took the children out.

That is also my thinking BUT I have a PT mindee who I have for 3 mornings or afternoons when ever it suits me as Mum is using the time to just get stuff done! My DH works shifts so would be able work the Mindees hrs around him, leaving those hrs free for another!:clapping:

Mouse
24-03-2011, 12:20 PM
That is also my thinking BUT I have a PT mindee who I have for 3 mornings or afternoons when ever it suits me as Mum is using the time to just get stuff done! My DH works shifts so would be able work the Mindees hrs around him, leaving those hrs free for another!:clapping:

I'd give Ofsted a ring & see what they say :thumbsup: