PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork for inspections?

rhea26
24-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi, I am soon due my first inspection and just wondered what paperwork they will check, will they need to check my contracts or accounts or is it just learning journals, policies etc?
Thanks, getting worried now!

lma
24-03-2011, 10:10 AM
I can only go on what my inspector went through on my last inspection which was:
*learning journeys (not all she picked at randon which ones)
*policies and procedures (said I had too many but rather be safe than sorry)
*Welcome pack for parents
*My compliments and complaints folder
*remember if you have a visitors log to get her to sign it
*attendance register
*My folder with all the certificates and logs of training I've been on
*Risk Assessments
*My file with all the previous newsletter I have given parents
*My individual folders which I used to hold each childs contracts, permission slips, any letters sent to parents or received from parents. (I keep them in individual folders so incase a child has an accident and I need to rush them to hospital I can just grab that childs file and it has all the relevant permission slips I need fo getting them the care they need, she really liked these :D )
*I have a folder which I show all prospective parents with photos and artwork which shows the kinds of things I do with the children
*Any displays you have up at home (parents notice board etc)
*I have my weekly menu up and she looked to see the sort of food I do

Also its good to have a fire evacuation plan up on the wall with layout of your home showing where all the exits are incase of fire, I have a list of emergency contacts on the wall (not parents for confidentiality but local fire station, community support officers, nhs, etc)

If you havent already done your sef I'd recommend doing so as I mentioned everything in mine and she knew straight away what she was looking for and I honestly think it cut down on how long she was at my home.

Good luck

sarah707
24-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I suggest you work your way through the statutory requirements and make sure you can evidence everything somewhere in your paperwork.

The look through the requirements of the Childcare Registers and make sure you can evidence those too.

Once you have done that go through all your children's files and make sure everything is signed and dated and permissions etc are all in place.

Finally if there's time look at things like risk assessments, policies and procedures etc and just check they are all current.

Good luck! :D