PDA

View Full Version : Help! Re: Contract

bec123
23-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi, I need some advice please. I am due to start minding a brother and sister at the beginning of June. The mum and kids are currently abroad so before they went away we signed all forms, contracts etc and the date she gave me for the kids to start with me was Monday 2 June. This is documented on the contract. She has text me today just to check everything is ok but has now said she is going back to work on Tuesday 27 May. Well that would be fine but I've arranged to take my own children out (bought tickets etc) on Wednesday 28 May (half term) as I wasn't expecting the kids to start til the following week. I now dont know what to do!:( I don't want to let my own kids down but I also feel that I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with newbies! Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

sarah707
23-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum! Don't forget to pop into say hello and introduce yourself!

As for your problem... I always put my own children first.

If you are on a day's holiday, then tough, she has moved the goal posts... obviously phrase it a bit better than that! :laughing:

Pipsqueak
23-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Would agree with Sarah.

Alibali
23-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I would think that once you explain situation they will understand, even if they can get a granny or something to cover until you can start. Start as you mean to go on, your business, your rules!

Good luck,

Ali:)

bec123
23-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Thank you. I think I'm just gonna have to be strong and just say I can't do that day as I wasn't expecting them. Just dont want to start off on wrong foot! I'm a bit of a wet lettuce when it comes to things like this.:o

jaja
23-04-2008, 05:42 PM
had to reply!I had a parent ask once if i would cancel my holiday as that week would of been the first week she would of needed me!!! my holiday had been booked since the jan and she wont def sign until august, so we said no to cancelling hols

some parents dont think we have a life!

family always comes first! :clapping:

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Hope you sorted this out with the parent ?

Angel xx

bec123
25-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I cant do anything til they get back from overseas which is 8 May so as soon as she gets in touch I will explain and hopefully she will understand. it is only 1 day!:)

Thanks everyone for the advice

Chimps Childminding
26-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi, I agree - tell the mum that as you weren't expecting her to start for another week, you have made plans for the Wednesday and could she possibly arrange some alternative care for that day. Otherwise she may be a parent who expects you to drop your plans every time she asks!

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree with everyone else - I wouldn't change my plans because she has altered hers.

I hope you get it sorted

miffy xx

wendywu
26-04-2008, 10:56 PM
If you tell her that you have paid out for tickets then she will understand. She cannot expect you to loose money and let your children down:)

mumtodaniel
27-04-2008, 07:22 PM
could you not text her back, and say great for that week, excluding the wed as you have plans, and hope she is having nice holiday, or something like that.

Maureen