PDA

View Full Version : Meals ideas and advice on fussy eating.

LittleStar's
23-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Just after some meal suggestions please.

Me and my husband are both registered and provide all meals for the children.

Im struggling to think of new meals though... I have my own 2 daughters the eldest is so fussy its untrue and my youngest is copying her but does eat more variety, a couple of mindees are fussy too. How would you deal with this?? I feel guilty when i give the rest pudding and not them but also dont see why i should give them pudding when there not eating their meal. So Im finding that im doing the same foods.

Went off the point there a little :laughing:

So I have fussy eaters, I have a boy that comes who doesn't like peas/ sweetcorn/carrots but mum insists he has vegetables so Im finding that I have to do broccoli the days he is here ... so I get fed up of Broccoli and
I have 2 vegetarians (also fussy) so I need meals where I can easily substitute the meat. Also I never ever do rice ... I have no idea what to put with it .

I was thinking of trying a rolling menu, over 3 weeks???

Also I need quick meals or meals that can be prepared in advance

any ideas very welcome ... These are the meals I already do

Spaghetti Bolognese (not sure on spelling)
Sausage Casserole, mash and beans
Fish fingers/pizza and chips (Fridays only)
Roast
Carbonara Pasta (veggies have pesto or a tomatoe sauce)
Corned beef hash ( struggle with veggies on this one )
Jacket potatoes with salad, tuna, cheese beans etc...
Tuna Pasta bake

Mind has gone blank

For lunches I do sandwiches, egg on toast, beans on toast, cheese on toast, soup...

Sorry it turned out to be quite a long post xx

bexcee
23-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Some ideas off my menu:

Homemade fish cakes, potatoes and vegetables.

Homemade pizza with salad.

Chicken stir fry with rice.

Pasta with tuna and sweet corn.

Homemade cottage pie with peas.

Baked potatoes with beans & cheese.

Lentil lasagne.

Sausages, mashed potato and carrots.

Hot couscous salad.

Chicken nuggets, potato and beans.

Ask the children what their favourite meals are or talk to the parents about what they eat at home. Devise a menu that suits everyone (easier said than done I know!). I rotate my menu every other week so have ten dishes that I cook over a fortnight.

mushpea
24-03-2011, 06:50 AM
there are lots of menu ideas on netmums, when iused to do hot meals I only did one and if they didnt eat what was put in front of them then they went hungry,, if i new for certain they didnt like a particular food then i didnt give it to them , as for the boys veg you could do, runner beans, cauliflower, mashed swede, parsnip, maybe a salad for a change, mushrooms, courgette, hot tomatos